Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

If you had to get married abroad where would you choose?

Joey, on November 10, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

If you had to get married abroad, where would you choose? Somewhere warm? Somewhere super scenic? A busy city? A remote island? Somewhere you've been before, or somewhere new?

If you had to get married abroad where would you choose? 1

Photo by Chomelle Photo in Mississauga

17 Comments

Latest activity by Keisha, on November 29, 2018 at 16:43
  • Keisha
    Beginner August 2019 British Columbia
    Keisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ahhh either in a castle in England, or by the beach in Hawaii!! So very different but I love them both!Smiley heart

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Scotland... I would love to get married in scotland. We are not Scottish but I just love the views and the castles.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If we could have whatever we wanted, without money being a factor, we would have a Disney wedding in California 😍
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hawaii!!!! that was the plan but it would have been in 2020 and we decided it was too far. so now June wedding and we're going to have a late honeymoon in Hawaii and just do a private civil ceremony.
  • Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always wanted a full elopement to Malta, but comprised with 10 guests and Las Vegas 😄
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely Fiji or Bora Bora! I really love the idea of getting married some place tropical Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If budget was no issue, it would be a DW to Bora Bora. My fiance wants to go there so badly, he even "joked" about wearing white bathing suits and getting married under a water fall. Unfortunately for the place he wants to go, it would be as expensive to just go there for a week as it is to have a 100 person wedding back home... haha.

I think another direction would be something like the Swiss Alps, or at some gorgeous remote ski lodge in Europe.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not sure, but probably some sort of castle or elegant mansion! I wouldn’t want to go somewhere warm, though.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Would be doing a Caribbean wedding. or a castle in Germany (my family is from Germany).

we wanted destination at first. but it would have been hard for 3 people that are our "have to haves there" to come. so I couldn't do that to them.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of the Greek Islands, for sure! Super scenic with amazing seafood and wine.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Somewhere in the Caribbean! I was looking at Jamaica and a few other islands before deciding on a local wedding.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were almost going to book a destination wedding but didn’t due to grandparents being unable to travel. But we were looking at Punta Cana. Everyone gets a vacation and then it’s a week long wedding party!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, love this... probably Turkey.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All money aside? Well I would love to get married in Banff AB. It's just so pretty with all the mountains and I'm just so used to the prairies. Not to say I would move there of course- that would be going to far seeing as I do love the prairies more than mountains (weird, I know)!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I had tons of money, I would choose Tahiti! If we're looking at something more realistic, an old castle somewhere in Europe!

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I were to choose somewhere I haven't been but am dying to go - Ireland.

If it were somewhere I have been - either Sydney, Australia or Cameron Highlands, Malaysia.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Florence, Italy! So so beautiful

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics