Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Loni
Devoted September 2018 Ontario

How's everyones planning going?

Loni, on May 26, 2017 at 12:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Happy Friday everybody!

How's everyone's planning going? I'm feeling so accomplished this week! I thought I was crazy planning my wedding this early (We're still 16 months out..) but I'm quickly learning I was wrong. We've booked our dream venue and managed to snag the last September date. It's all inclusive so catering, booze, and ceremony space is all checked off my list as well Smiley smile They also got us in touch with an officiant that we've also booked.

I talked with the photographer I wanted this week and we're sitting down to sign the contract on Tuesday. Our wedding date was actually one of her last dates available! It worked out perfectly because she ended up giving us a $500 discount because of this. (I guess that's what they do to sell off their last remaining dates?)

So happy I've got these big ticket items lined up! How's everyone else doing? Love hearing other peoples wedding plans Smiley smile

8 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on June 4, 2017 at 13:02
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Two of my bridesmaids have gotten their dresses... Picked flavors for cupcakes and completed 10 napkins... I'm out of town currently so not really able to work on the diys.
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was having a bit of a freak out last week but we confirmed our photographer and set up a mtg with the florist so that's good. The invitations were also ordered this week. I'm a little stressed about hair and makeup but I know I'll find someone, I'd just rather have that confirmed.
  • Symanne
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is 4 years away, and i know it doesnt seem like that big of a deal, but i feel like without planning anything early i cant get anything done 😱
  • Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting so close! Thats so exciting Smiley smile Yes - I'm sticking with the earlier the better theory. Better to get it done and not have to worry about it closer to the date. I bet it will feel so good to check these off your list!

• Loni
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah that's so exciting! I can't wait for dress shopping!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your dress being in! Post some pictures from your fitting please! Smiley heart

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am down to just over 3 months left so I have quite a few things off my list and still a couple big ones to tackle. I just got the calls this week that my accessories are in and I can pick them up. Same thing with the wedding bands.

1. My MOH is coming into town this weekend and we (FH, MOH and I) will be running into Calgary to meet with the florist and hopefully book her on Saturday as well as pick up the rings and the accessories.

2. Minted has a sale on this weekend for Memorial Day so I want to order the invitations this weekend as well.

3. I also need to contact someone recommended to me for hair and set something up with her if she is still available.

4.I also want to contact the photographers to set up something next weekend (or the following) for engagement photos.

5. I need to make a decision on what I want for cake and send out some inquiries.

6. I also need to contact the venue and ask a couple questions that we have.

7. We also need to contact the last couple of people on the guest list and ask them for addresses. (this is also serving as my save the date notice )

So if I get half of that done this weekend I will be ecstatic! Busy Busy busy! The more you get done ahead of time the better because the date will sneak up on you!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow that is great! You've gotten so much done! I haven't done much this week but I did get a call saying my dress has arrived at the bridal salon😁😍 next week I will be making a fitting appointment for the end of June and tackling some other tasks.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics