Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How many outfits for your engagement shoot?

Joey, on August 28, 2017 at 14:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8

Let's talk about being prepared for your engagement shoot. There's a lot to think about! Poses, location, photography style, photographer, time of year... and of course, what to wear. If you're still planning what to wear, what are some of the options you're considering, and how many options were you instructed to bring? If you did your e-pics already, how many outfits did you bring, and what were they? Share your advice!

Photo credit Jay Li Photography

Photo credit Luminous Weddings

Photo credit Wee Three Sparrows Photography

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on December 7, 2017 at 22:38
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had two different outfits! One that is a white shirt with my fiancé in plaid- kind of a lumber jack theme. And then my pink/purple shirt, with my fiancé having a purple long sleeve to look rustic/country.

How many outfits for your engagement shoot? 1

How many outfits for your engagement shoot? 2
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did our engagement photos in San Diego and we did 3 outfits. My husband and I picked out our outfits separately and then looked at them all together and paired them up and they actually went well together! I liked having the variety of clothes to show our personalities. (Though 2 outfits would have been fine because the pics from the third outfit were at night and didn't turn out as good as the others.) Just make sure if you're doing outfit changes that you have a place to change!

Engagement pic2

Engagement pic7

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our shoot was outdoor in late fall and we only did one outfit as well. It would have been fun to have pictures with a few different looks, but it wasn't a necessity and we ended up happy with our pictures and our outfits.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did two! I love that I could do too

How many outfits for your engagement shoot? - 1

How many outfits for your engagement shoot? - 2
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think we will be changing. Too much effort for engagement photos haha we are changing location (some by the waterfront boardwalk and some out in the woods on our favourite hiking trail)
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photos were in March so we just wrote one outfit. Too cold to change!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our session was at the end of May. We were allowed two outfits but we didn't feel like changing so we just stuck with one. We had our pictures taken in a cute little town about 30 minutes from us. It's right on the rapids and there's some old ruins there in the forest so we had a lot of nice spots to choose from! Plus it was at sunset so it was perfect lighting.

I would say to check the weather the day of your shoot and don't worry too much about it leading up to the day as the weather changes so quickly and it's never right. It had rained every day (literally) that month so we were expecting rain on our shoot day. We got so lucky that it was beautiful out! But we were prepared in case it were to rain. Don't fret the weather. If it rains, roll with it! You can take such cute rain photos but just make sure you have cute rain boots and a clear umbrella.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did our engagement photos in the fall in a park full of trees! We knew to dress weather appropriate and we only wore one outfit! We didn't feel the need to bring multiple outfits. For us being in the park we chose, there were different locations in the park so the backgrounds would be different in all of them. We had some on swings, we had some on benches, a wall behind us with graffiti on it, we were near the water, we were in the forest with trees, we had two different bridges, and one had a gazebo over it! So I think you can get away with only one outfit, if you pick a location with different spots for photos while you are there!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics