Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How are you inviting people to your rehearsal/rehearsal dinner?

Joey, on November 23, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6

We know all about the traditional etiquette for formal invitations, but what about the invitations for the typically far less formal rehearsal dinner? Because this is a more casual event, as well as a newer tradition, there really aren't any set rules about how to invite people to participate in your rehearsal and stay for your rehearsal dinner. So, how are YOU planning to do it?

How are you inviting people to your rehearsal/rehearsal dinner? 1

Photo from Pinterest

6 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on November 24, 2017 at 15:37
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whenever I've been in a wedding, I haven't received an invitation, just been told where and when. That's kind of how I thought I would do it as well; e-mail or text. It will just be our wedding party, parents, my brother's family (since his children will be in the wedding), the officiant, and maybe spouses, haven't decided about them yet.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally weren't going to have one. My husband's aunt decided we should do one, and made an event thing on fb, and we just invited the wedding party, parents etc and people rsvp'd there!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met with a vendor last night and were just talking about how to invite people. We just want to keep it small too and his parents are hosting so it will likely just be a word of mouth thing unless his mom wants to send out actual invites..but I don't see a point in it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mum and uncle hosted our rehearsal dinner. My mum sent out an e-mail invite to all those that needed to be there.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We invited our bridal party, groomsmen, parents and any spouses of the maids and groomsmen who weren't in the party. We kept it small.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to give our party and parents a heads up that we will be grabbing some apps and drinks at a local pub after the rehearsal. It won't be mandatory or long since we will be getting up very early for the next day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics