Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Skylor
Frequent user August 2020 Ontario

Exchange of gifts on the day of the ceremony

Skylor, on August 13, 2019 at 16:25 Posted in Wedding reception 0 18
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone is planning on exchanging gifts with their new husband's on the day of their wedding? If so what sorts of gifts are you looking at getting for them?
Thanks!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on August 26, 2019 at 16:40
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm his gift. lol

and vice versa.

You know what, we're spending so much on the wedding and our trip afterwards, and really, this day is all for us, and the honeymoon is too. What more could we want?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were not buying gifts! were paying for the wedding ourselves and we already live together and own a condo! hes gotten so many gifts from me over the years!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are exchanging gifts but not on the day of the wedding. As he has scheduled me for 4 hours of spa treatments 2 days before the wedding. And my gift to him is a boudoir shoot. He doesn't know this yet. My bridesmaids are also planning the shoot to be involved with my batchelorette party so I don't even know if it's going to be ready before the wedding or not.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not exchanging gifts, that being said we live together already, we have children together, we share there same bank accounts. Seems almost like buying ourselves a gift. The wedding will make sure that the day is already about us.
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought mine nice cuff links that are the logo of his favourite hockey team to wear on the day! We said we wanted to do a little something for each other but not go overboard!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wasn't sure if we would do gifts or not because our honeymoon is pretty elaborate. BUT then yesterday the perfect gift dawned on me so I am going to roll with it. FH really loves his German heritage and especially German beer. We are trying to get his favorite brought in at the venue for the wedding, and he jokingly said that it would be cool if he could drink it out of a stein all night. So I am going to find a traditional stein and get it engraved and then he will have that for the evening Smiley heart. I also saw a little thing on Pintrest "The Groom's Survival Kit" with cutesy things like socks for cold feet, mints for a fresh kiss etc so I think I will do that for the morning of. We will see how things go closer to though haha.

I think the boudoir shoot is a great gift idea! I plan to do that as a first wedding anniversary gift. I also really love the perfume/cologne idea, that is so personal and will bring many memories down the road.

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will! We will be giving our gifts to the BM and MOH to give to us on the morning while we get ready with a card with our own personal vows (as we wanted that to be something personal between us).

I originally was going to purchase him a watch to wear on the day of but he ended up buying one for himself that he loved. So we decided we are going to buy each other cologne and perfume of our choosing that we want the other to wear. that way in the future whenever we smell it again, it will take us back to that day Smiley smile

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be doing a boudoir shoot for him (as a gift for our legal ceremony), and then personalized cuff links and a watch for our actual wedding day. Seems to be the trend!
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a boudoir shoot, and also gifted her engraved cufflinks... then just a couple cute things.

• Skylor
    Skylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh!! What a fun idea!
  • Skylor
    Skylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah! I agree! It'll be a fun suprise!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking I'll do some boudoir photos as well. It's definitely outside my comfort zone so he'll never expect it!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually just did a boudoir shoot today for him, and let me tell you I am SUPER excited for him to see these pictures. They were hot!
    I am giving him a card with one picture in it as a teaser and then the rest of the pictures when we are together
    I am also contemplating getting him a watch so he has something to wear and can pass down to any kids we have in the future!
  • Skylor
    Skylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh! Boudoir shoot is a great idea!

Chain saw work too! My FH would also love that lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was considering doing a boudoir shoot - but time is catching up really fast so I think I'm going to have to just let him buy a chain saw Smiley tongue

• Skylor
    Skylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also roughly how much is everyone planning to spend?
  • Skylor
    Skylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay, cool. Thank you Kelsie!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll probably get my FH cufflinks for his gift. Or, alternatively, something golf related.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics