Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaisha
Super March 2019 Nova Scotia

Does anyone else miss planning?

Kaisha, on June 12, 2019 at 22:20 Posted in Just married 0 22

Now that everything is over and done. I can't help but miss wedding planning. Does anyone else feel the same way?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on June 21, 2019 at 20:28
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally understand what you mean!

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had like nothing to sell where we had a fairly small wedding so I couldn't even use my time doing that.

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I completely agree! Although I don't know about dealing with the other people. Maybe just share advice

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I found spacing it out made it even easier, I really only had one really stressful moment the week before.

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely understand this! I really miss being on daily but I don't have the need so now I am checking in closer to weekly.

• Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's fair! Best of luck with it all!

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same girl we are a week away and I can not wait for the relief!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! That’s why I’m still hanging around almost a year later-living vicariously through these lovely brides and grooms!
    I also got a new job a few months after I was married which involves some planning of community events. I had a community barbecue a few weeks ago so it was fun to be able to dive into all the details again! Not exactly the same as planning your wedding, but still satisfied that “craving” so to speak!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES! thankfully we are keeping busy booking our honeymoon and getting ready to move in a couple weeks. It works out great because once we move I will start putting all our decorations up for sale and will hopefully have our photos back so we can order our thank you cards and get those started.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! I feel like I have so much extra time on my hands now that it's all said and done. I hated wedding planning while I was doing it, but now that I know the ins and outs I feel like I could do it again lol

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just said this to my FH the other night "babe what am i going to do when im done planning this wedding?" i have had so much fun putting together our favours lately. ugh I want to be a wedding planner now haha! Its my calling

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes!!! Our wedding isn’t until next Aug but the planning has been such a fun hobby! Maybe closer to I will find it more stressful but I will miss it for sure.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won’t miss planning 😂😂 I’m like 85% done and I can’t wait til the day is here so I can say I’m done forever!!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like I'll miss aspects of it (such as picking out decor) but be glad other parts are done and over with! I'm not worried about having too much free time since we'll be looking to sell our house and move into a larger one so wedding planning will be replaced with house hunting lol!

TBH, I'll probably miss the community the most - I hope to hang around after I'm married but with house hunting, it definitely won't be as much as now (daily).

• A
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm starting a new job the Tuesday after the wedding, renovating and we have four kids. As much as the wedding planning has been a welcome distractian from the chaos my "spare" time is going to get eaten up pretty quick. 😂
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We planned our wedding from BC and it was in Ontario plus having a young some. We were planning for almost two years but once all the smaller details starting coming up and then everything started getting closer it was super stressful! I miss the beginning stages but still so glad it's done!
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We planned to much before he went on deployment (about 8 months before the wedding) so he was around to help with decisions. That the last few months we could relax a bit and figure out the little details.
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it would be different if we didnt have the honeymoon done and we have also lived together for 3 years. Once the wedding was over I felt I had too much free time lol
  • Kaisha
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    After the wedding I had so much extra time I ditn know what to do with it
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    NOPE!!!! Well for us we didnt live together beforehand, so theres lot of house planning going on now trying to get our new home all painted and set up! And also we're doing out honeymoon in December so that will need to be planned out to! ALSO my 30th birthday is coming up and I'm just at the point where I just DONT want to have to plan that too Haha!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely not!
    I loved it at first but the last 3 months were horrible. I'm so glad it's done and over and I can just enjoy my time with my husband and our son!
  • A
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like I might. We're getting married on June 22. On the other hand I'll be happy for the spare time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics