Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Do you wear your engagement ring while sleeping?

Lynnie, on March 21, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 42

Do you sleep with your engagement ring on? Or do you never wear your ring to bed? What's your bedtime ring rule? 💍

If you take your ring off at night - where do you stash it??

Do you wear your engagement ring while sleeping? 1

Photo from Alexis Gallery Custom Engagement Rings in Toronto

For more on rings and things, check out: Is your engagement ring new or a family heirloom?, Show off your ring style and setting, and Wedding bands for him .

42 Comments

Latest activity by Shla, on April 21, 2019 at 09:13
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I barely remember to wear it during the day, so it's always off at night. 😂
  • Cassie
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t wear it to bed. I put it in my ring dish beside the bed. Smiley smile
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't wear it in bed. I got an elephant ring dish and that's where it goes at night time.
  • Rachael
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take it off and it goes in my jewelry box. It is a family heirloom so I don't want to ruin it in my sleep. I am very careful with it.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take my ring off when I go to bed, but a few days ago I had misplaced my ring for about an hour so I make sure that it's in the box before bed

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take my ring off when I go to bed. I put it in the ring box in the medicine cabinet.
  • Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear my ring at bedtime. I took it off once and almost forgot to put back on. It also felt naked to not have it on. Have to make sure the setting is secure over time as wearing it during sleep can loosen. I take off for shower/bath and anything that might damage it such as outdoor yard work swimming etc
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take it off when I go to bed. I have small ceramic dish next to my bed. I put it on as soon as I got off bed. I wear it to shower and anywhere else except when I need my hands kneading something messy while cooking and when playing golf due to the tight gloves.
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always take mine off before I shower and before heading to bed. I leave it on a ring dish next to my bed.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine never comes off! I sent it to be sized, which took three weeks and I felt naked the whole time haha
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never wear mine to sleep. I usually only put it on if I'm leaving the house or having people over.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never take mine off. I have a bad habit of misplacing things and that's one I don't want to lose.

• Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take my ring off to sleep, shower, when cleaning, and even when washing my hands and putting on moisturizer. I really love it and don't want to damage it or get it gunked up with anything. I also wear it around my neck on a silver box chain while at work, as I work in healthcare and have to wash my hands and wear gloves often (which don't fit too well over the ring). I will wear my wedding band on the same chain when at work after the wedding. At home when not wearing it I just keep it in the box it came in.

• Ashley
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine comes off! It sits in my jewelry box until I go to work in the morning! Smiley smile

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't sleep, shower, cook with my ring on. I keep it in the box it came with which stays on my FH's dresser.
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only wear it when I’m going out. When I get home, I’ll take it off and put it in my jewellery box for safe keeping
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never take it off. It's a part of me now

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take it off to shower, wash the dishes or anything else that includes my hands being in water for a period of time. Other than that it is always on.
  • L
    Curious June 2020 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take my ring off all the time. The band has an intricate design so I’m always worried that it wil get caught on soemthing, or gunk will get in the crevases. There are only 3 places my ring is allowed to be aside from my finger. 1- my rong box beside my bed, 2- the tiny pocket of my jeans, 3- the bathroom counter (if I am using the toilet. If I’m going to shower, the ring is beside the bed).

I take it off at night, before I use the toilet, if I’m washing dishes or cleaning the house, if I’m changing the cat litter, when I shower, put on lotion, or use hand sanitizer, if I’m baking, or anything similar. Also I don’t take it with me to the beach or places it might easily be lost or stolen.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only time i take it off is to shower
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear mine pretty much 24/7 - I take it off to shower as I don't want conditioner film coating it, or if I'm doing something messy with my hands. I also left in the the room safe in a few ports when we went on our honeymoon cruise (for security reasons), but otherwise, I wear it constantly, including to bed.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take my ring off every night! I have a dresser from ikea and the top is my jewelry storage (it’s shallow and has a felt pad). It has its own place in there.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used to take it off at bedtime every night and leave it on the bathroom counter... but now I have 2 toddlers so it never comes off cuz I dont trust them haha
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off at night - I tried sleeping in it at first but found my finger swelled over night and it was uncomfortable all morning afterwards. Now I take it off and put it on the ear of a little silver bunny ring holder next to my bed.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wear mine all the time! If I ever took it off, I’m worried I’d forget about it.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't wear it if I'm : sleeping, cleaning or being active.

Before I go to bed, I just put it back in the pretty red box it came in, which is located on our dresser.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wouldn’t go get it resized if it fits fine the rest of the day. Honestly I would try taking it off at night, your finger is probably just swelling slightly overnight- which is pretty normal. Getting it resized could cause an issue for the rest of the day though and you don’t want to risk losing it while you’re out and about!
  • Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of the time I wear it to bed but my fingers swell at night (normal or not it happens) - I take it off to shower and I shower at night and the heat from the shower also makes my fingers swell so on those nights I do not sleep with it on only because it's painful in the morning.

• Tiffany
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First off thank you so much for asking this question I was wondering this myself. I do sleep with mine on. I only take it off when showering, putting on lotion, or baking. I am worried I do feel like its quite tight in the morning when I wake up on my finger...is this normal? The rest of the day its fine. Should I go and have it resized?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a few times (mostly by accident)... Still a little worried to do it all the time so it goes into a little box before I sleep!

• Mandi
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Mandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never wear my engagement ring to bed. I take it off and put it in its ring box every night. This way I always know where it is, and don't have to worry about it getting caught on anything in the night and loosening a diamond.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've worn mine pretty much 24/7 since I got it in October but I work outdoors and found it got caught on things and I had to wear gloves more, which I'm not really a fan of. So I think I'll get myself a silicone one to wear to work for this season.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics