Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Do you tip for your make up trial?

Meghan, on March 8, 2019 at 15:39 Posted in Beauty 0 8
I have my make up trial tomorrow and this thought literally just popped in my head: Are you supposed to tip the make up artist at the trial as well? (I will definitely be tipping her on the day of the wedding)

8 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on March 11, 2019 at 09:17
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks guys! I did end up tipping her Smiley smile she did such a great job, plus you are right she is providing a service.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think i would tip. She might take it personally if no tipping, then maybe on the day of there could be awkwardness.
  • F
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Franca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely tip her! She is providing a service; like hair dressers, etheticians, etc, trial or not, she is still ‘working’... I would! Absolutely!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't think about this, but for me, I don't have to pay for the trial until the morning of the wedding when she does the final makeup so I won't tip until then.

On that note, if you know how much your trial would cost/pay for the trial when you do it, it doesn't hurt to tip then.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hmm... I did not tip at my trial but I do plan to tip for the wedding day!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is your makeup artist freelance or does she work for a company? If she works freelance, you don’t have tip her (at all), but if she’s coming from a company, you can tip something small for the trial.
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah that makes sense!

Also I didn't even think about her maybe billing me for the trial at the actual wedding date. Either way I will be sure to tip her though.

Thanks!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure if I will have a MUA at all, but the way I see it - if you pay anything at the trial you should tip. If the trial will be paid for at the end after the wedding, wait until then? At the same time a $5 bill is always nice and you can always say "you'll be seeing more of that, I just didn't want to leave without giving anything at all".

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics