Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jes G.
Frequent user June 2019 Ontario

diy Flowers

Jes G., on November 14, 2017 at 12:04 Posted in DIY 0 6

Hi All!

Seems like today is a good day for me to post a gazillion discussion threads, comments etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has DIY their own flowers? This isn't exactly my plan but I'm curious to know more! I've heard of people using Costco flowers as a way to save money. The prices are great and all but doing your own flowers seem like A LOT of work considering all the other stuff that needs to be done before the big day.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jes G., on November 15, 2017 at 16:21
  • Jes G.
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's kind of ridiculous how much florists charge but I'm sure if one looked hard enough they'd find a 'good' price. Yay DIY!

• Jes G.
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Super smart to get someone you know to help out! I'm sure your flowers will be gorgeous Smiley smile

• Jes G.
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Faux flowers are a great idea! Maybe I'll find something that's not too fake looking and incorporate that. Thanks!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister-in-law is making our bouquets etc. She took a flower arranging class and has done flowers for one other wedding. I do trust her to do a good job though. I like flowers, but didn't think they were the most important thing.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're still trying to decide! I find florists' prices appalling, so I'd rather do them myself, but I know so little about flowers and I'm afraid I'd mess it up. I'll probably end up doing a little of both....DIYing the centrepieces and getting a florist to do bouquets.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought about doing this but didn't for exactly the reason you stated...it felt like a lot to take on at the last minute, especially if you are using real flowers. I would suggest using faux flowers if you are going to DIY your bouquets or finding a local florist who can take care of it for you at a decent price.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics