Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Celine
Frequent user October 2022 Quebec

Cricut - is it worth buying?

Celine, on August 27, 2020 at 10:56 Posted in DIY 0 8

I was thinking of purchasing a Cricut Explore Air 2 for DIY invitations, thank you cards, centerpieces, etc. Has anyone used one before? Is it worth the investment? Please note: I am a fairly crafty person and I also do custom cakes as a sideline and will be making my own wedding cake (that is a whole other discussion topic for another time).

8 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on September 12, 2020 at 23:16
  • Emma
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! It is actually just a rose gold permanent vinyl off amazon! I can‘t remember the brand! I believe the font is Alfami Coast off Dafont!
  • Celine
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the wine glass. What kind of vinyl is that? What font is it? It’s stunning
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes they are! I designed the text and sized it on my cricut and cut using permanent vinyl Smiley smile
  • Celine
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are beautiful, are they all vinyl cutouts from your cricut? Except for the invitation of course
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m obsessed with mine!

I have found mind very helpful for making other wedding items such as signs. I am making my invitation sleeve from it as well as smaller decor items.
    I love it but it probably wouldn’t be worth it unless you end up using it for things other than your wedding (which I’m sure you would since it’s amazing!)Cricut - is it worth buying? 1Cricut - is it worth buying? 2

Cricut - is it worth buying? 3Cricut - is it worth buying? 4Cricut - is it worth buying? 5Cricut - is it worth buying? 6

• D
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly it will take up more time then you want it to. Try using websites that have templates you can design and print from. Vista print is great and so is zazzle. Etsy also has tones to choose from. The money you will spend on the machine can just go towards the cost of printing.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest worry would be that even crafty people can take on too much. You will probably save lots of money, but will you have enough time and will it be worth the potential stress?

If you're good at it and it isn't too labour intensive you could probably do a few projects for local brides to sell so you can offset the cost.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s definitely worth it if you’d use it for other things besides your wedding. If you’re concerned about the price, maybe see if there is anyone selling theirs or a friend who would share it with you to use.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics