Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miranda
Newbie February 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on 14/february/2020 in Ontario

Miranda, on April 15, 2019 at 05:42 Posted in Ontario 0 2
Hey everyone !

Congrats in on your engagements!! I have a really silly question.. when is everyone sending out their invites ? In Canada our day also falls on a long weekend and I know valentine’s is considered to be a special day Smiley smile

i have Ave some people saying in June/July so that way everyone can rsvp and book stuff before NovemberSmiley laughecember ... and that way it give us time to call everyone who didn’t rsvp...

that at being said I know my party wants to do stuff during the summer and they want our invites out first lol

im so lost Smiley sad

2 Comments

Latest activity by Sinéad, on April 16, 2019 at 05:32
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Miranda! I totally agree with Allison, you may want to consider sending out save the date cards to guests so that they can figure out their schedule and travel plans but there is no need to send invitations this early. Normally, save the dates are sent anywhere between a year and 6 months before the event and wedding invitations are sent out around 6-12 weeks before your wedding.

Here is an article from the ideas section that is a really helpful resource when sending out your invitations -

When to Send Out Wedding Invitations (and All Your Other Pre-Wedding Party Invitations)
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing/considering save the dates? They can be helpful to give guests a heads up to book time off/hotels. You could send e-cards too if you wanted to save on postage.

June/July seems far away for invites... that's when I'm sending mine for my October wedding. I think sending save the dates will help give notice, and send the invitations around October/November and requests RVSPs back by November/December (usually allow 1 month).

Hope this helps! Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics