Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Candy bar

Emily, on June 17, 2019 at 16:31 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10
We are looking to do a candy bar for dyring the dance. What types of candy would you suggest?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on July 26, 2019 at 00:10
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a candy buffet but I'm only having candy that matches wedding colours. Hershey kisses of course, white chocolate covered pretzels, red licorice, I want to get clear rock candy (to look like ice, winter wedding) I can get cinnamon hearts, peppermint sticks... go to the bulk barn, there are so many choices.
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Jelly beans and an assortment of gummy candies are always a good idea. honestly you could get a little bit of everything. even some suckers and little cookies would do well. go to the dollarstore and just go crazy! people like having options because some dont like/cant eat certain candies. for example my FH is allergic to tree nuts and I cant eat anything with cocoa in it but i know my brothers and mom love chocolate (especially ones with nuts) and because its not a scent related allergy (just cant consume) we can still offer them to someone who might love them.

• Heather
    Curious September 2020 Manitoba
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A good combo of chocolate and gummy
    options! Bulk barn makes it affordable. Pick things that aren’t messy and won’t melt in their hands while they eat it (good options are smarties, various gummies, jelly beans etc )
  • E
    Newbie June 2020 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would recommend a combo of sweet and sour. Let’s everyone have something they like.
  • Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also having a nut free candy bar with sour keys, live wires, big feet and jelly beans. There has been much discussion about having Swedish berries, but we will see. Our venue has banned gumballs and popcorn.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do a little bit of everything! I agree with Kelsie, nut allergies are no joke so maybe avoid candies with nuts, or be sure to have labels in front of each candy saying what it is and if it does have a potential allergen
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think for a wedding, anything that is super easy to eat, and clean.

I would say anything that you can fit in these paper cones. I would just go to Bulk Barn or any bulk candy store and look at all the small hard candies, and gummy candies. I would probably only choose the colours that go with my wedding scheme. Some candy stores have EVERY single type of candy in every colour available. That would make it so classy Smiley smile

Candy bar 1

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Agree with the gummy candies.

Stuff that won't melt or be sticky or stain if they get dropped.

Having some sour options is always good as well.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skittles. Sour keys. Cherry blasters. Fuzzy peaches. Sweedish berries. Mini gum balls.
    Think penny candy at corner stores!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like any type of gummy candy is a hit. I’d stay away from things like peanut butter where some people may have allergies.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics