Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Devoted May 2020 Ontario

Bridesmaid dresses

Kelly, on August 11, 2019 at 04:06 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
How did you ensure all your girls felt comfortable? I am hoping to have them all wear the same dress and colour however I realize I have varying sizes of girls... any suggestions on how you guys made it through dress shopping?

Bridesmaid dresses 1

Bridesmaid dresses 2

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on August 20, 2019 at 14:25
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have a MOH so I told her she can pick any dress grey, silver or red. I know she wants a floor length so I didn't have to mention that. As long as she's comfortable I'm happy. She did say she would wear anything I asked. I guess that's why I love her....
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone in my wedding party ranged in size from 8 to 18. I let them choose their style but had to be same length and color and approved by me. I did the mori lee line as well! I also said they couldn't be strapless

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha that’s true! I have two girls with bigger books and I can’t relate lol so we’ll see how it goes
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm, I was worried about that too - but to be fair, most dresses can either have the boob area brought in or pinned to be more covered.

I was also worried until I realized none of my girls have boobs like I do, so if you have the biggest boobs it should be fine Smiley tongue

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not a fan of the touching the only thing I’m worried about is the cleavage
  • L
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Linnae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ladies got their bridesmaid dresses at Davids Bridal which worked out well. I picked 1 color and then picked 6 styles that I felt had the vintage feel i wanted and told the girls they could pick any of the 6 dresses. They ended up each picking a different style of dress and I think it worked out well since they all have different body types and styles they are comfortable in.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had them all chose a different dress but same material and colour. If I was going to put them in the same exact dress I have at least one girl who may feel uncomfortable but they were all willing to wear whatever I wanted to put them in Smiley smile Perhaps just pick one with lots of rouching?

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have sent them photos and we are all going together to try thing on this Friday so hopefully we come to an agreement I just hope everyone is honest about how they feel
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is exactly what I did. I had my sister pick her dress first (she’s my MOH), and just told her it had to be long and burgundy.
    Then I told my bridesmaids the same thing and that it was up to them if they wanted to wear the same dress as my sister or all be different. In the end they all picked the same dress and my sister will be slightly different.
    If you have a specific look in mind; run it by your girls to see what they think and make sure they all feel comfortable before you make the final decision
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea to look with her first, we are all going as a groups and I’m hoping my two bigger girls are comfortable telling what they feel
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm giving my girls the option to wear whatever they want as long as it's long and the same colour, which apparently means they need to be the same designer too. I have one who's plus sized so I've started looking with her first. I figure it's better to find something she likes and is comfortable in and then the other two can go from there.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me, uniform wasn't important. We had 4 bridesmaids in total, I asked them to find dresses of the same or similar colour, but other than that, they could get whatever they wanted. They wanted me to come along for shopping anyways, and they settled on 2 dresses, so 2 wore one and the other 2 wore a different one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics