Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayla
Newbie August 2020 British Columbia

Best destination wedding island!

Kayla, on July 9, 2019 at 10:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Hello everyone!

I am having a destination wedding in August of 2020 - yes, during the hurricane season but unfortunately with two of my bridesmaids being teachers, I am unable to go any other time of the year. I am still trying to decide what Caribbean island to go to

Has anyone ever traveled to the following islands:

1) Aruba

2) Antigua

3) St Lucia

I would love to know what each of the islands are like! From my research, it appears that St Lucia has more things to do but not as nice beaches compared to Antigua. And Aruba would hands down be number 1 on my list but there isn't too many adult-only options and it is quite a bit more money.

TIA!!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on July 19, 2019 at 11:13
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kayla!

Check out this article, it may be helpful for you!

How to Choose Wedding Destination

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kayla Smiley smile

These are all gorgeous options for a destination wedding.

Have you researched any resorts on each island? If you're happy to have your wedding on any one of the island, perhaps researching resorts and choosing based on which one gives you the most for your budget could be a good approach Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to Aruba for my honeymoon (in less than a month!), so I can let you know when I get back. I know Aruba has not been affected by any recent hurricanes, however, I don't know about the other countries. I'd say do some research and see if the resorts are even up to your standards.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The islands you want to go are beautiful. Check out resorts that will allow you to hold a wedding and reception so that everyone is all together. Your guests will enjoy the time as they all meet up for events throughout the resort.

Another place to check is Sandals in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Its really nice and enjoyable as I have been there years back when my brother was proposing.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've never been but personally I would go for aesthetic over anything else to get those killer wedding photos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics