Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Bachelorette- invites

Sarah, on September 30, 2019 at 21:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Hi guys,
My bachelorette isn’t until next year but I’ve been making some new friends recently that I’d like to invite.. however I don’t know if or think we’ll invite them to the wedding because we’re trying to keep it small.
What is the etiquette here? Can I invite people who aren’t invited to the wedding?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Katelyn, on October 1, 2019 at 18:18
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm sure they will if you explain the situation.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Should be fine i would totally invite them to your bach!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like if you are close enough to party with them at your bachelorette then you should be close enough that they understand that you only have so much room for the wedding and that it is a small wedding. Should be fine to invite them to the bachelorette as long as they are aware that they aren't invited to the wedding and aren't expecting an invite Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would be fine. The bachelorlette is for celebrating and I'm sure if you talked to your new friends, they'd understand and would love to celebrate with you!

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s great - sounds like it worked out perfectly Smiley smile
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is completely fine. Our wedding is just family coming, because we wanted to keep it small. But I did invite a friend from high school, and a couple of the girls I worked with to my bachelorette. It was awesome having them there, and they were ok with it.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you - that’s what I’m thinking. I was invited to a bachelorette once and not the wedding and had no hard feelings about it. Hope others would feel the same
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it should be fine as long as you're clear and upfront about it. They are new friends so I'm sure they will understand but appreciate the opportunity to celebrate with you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics