Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Newbie September 2021 Alberta

All Calgary brides -- who did your dress alterations?

Victoria, on October 16, 2019 at 15:19 Posted in Alberta 0 3
Hi Gals! I am picking up my dress today! How far in advance before the wedding did you take your dress in, how long did it take & did you love your seamstress? I have a budget as we all do, but I also just want to find the best person for the job! Was there anybody in the Calgary area that was outstanding?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on October 24, 2019 at 19:05
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I still have a ways to go before I start alterations, but when I do I will be getting it done where I bought my dress. They have seamstresses on staff, so I don’t have to take my dress back and forth, or worry that they won’t have materials that will match my dress as the alterations progress.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the WeddingWire community, Victoria Smiley smile

That's so exciting that your dress is in! Do you have many alterations to make to it?

Brides typically begin the alteration process two to three months out from the wedding date. This should leave plenty of time for multiple fittings!

There is one alteration vendor listed on the WeddingWire vendor directory in Calgary you can check out here - 20/20 Alterations by Kim. She has some excellent previous couple reviews!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t had my dress altered yet, but I definitely recommend joining the Calgary Wedding Buy and Sell group on Facebook! there are always tons of posts on there about seamstresses and alterations!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics