Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanne
Frequent user September 2019 Alberta

27 Days!!! Eek!!!

Breanne, on August 24, 2019 at 02:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hey everyone!!!

We are less than a month out from our Big Day and I must admit I’m starting to feel the pressure!!! At first I didn’t think we had much left to do. But after making a to-do list, I must admit I’m felling overwhelmed.

I’m trying to recruit help, but sadly that hasn’t worked. My parents are already helping out a ton. My soon-to-be in-laws don’t really seem interested in helping and my FH is super busy with a new job. My bridal party is all spread out over the province, so that hasn’t been an option for help either.

How do I get it all done? Any time management tips? Any tips on how to make these last few weeks less stressful?

I know at the end of the day, all that matters is the marriage between me and my FH, and that will make the day perfect no matter what. ❤️

Thank you in advance for any/all advice!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Melanie, on August 26, 2019 at 15:18
  • Melanie
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What I am also currently trying to do is make a master list of everything that needs to be done. I have made smaller daily and weekly lists based on importance. When I get something done I get to cross it off! I have had a lot of people tell me that I can call them if I need help. Use those if you have it. I try to get one project done each day. If you need to take a few days off work to relieve your stress I recommend it. My last few days at work I wasn’t able to focus because all I was thinking about is the wedding.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would definitely get the bigger most important things done first, if possible. I'd make a list of things that if they don't get done it doesn't really matter, work on that last. Make your check mark for each item completed just to give yourself that feeling of accomplishment. Is there anything that anyone can do from a distance? Can anyone come a bit early to help? Best of luck getting everything done.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hire a month of planner to organize and take some of the tasks from you. if you dont want to pay someone what about close cousins or aunts or uncles that youre close with. i find family always wants to help out!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am under 20 days and what works for me is literally doing something every night. Even if it changes I have started it- seating chart is horrible lol but working on it. Favors I am doing this weekend. I made a list for under 30 days. What I needed to do, I then reviewed it with few of my girls out of town and asked if thought missing something or forgetting about anything. They gave me feedback which helped in end. Just keep at it on weekends or days off. This is key!

You got this though! Keep positive

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Breanne you are so close now!!! Hang in there - it’ll get done! What are some of the bigger tasks that still need to get done?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try going through your list and grouping things together! Then just pick a day and get all the quotes done, next day follow up if they haven't as you are on a time crunch, after that sort through the quotes and pick the best.

If what is left is more so just decor and whatnot then a quick trip to Dollarama was all it took for me yesterday!!

You can also post what you have left to do and we might be able to help better or suggest things!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exciting yet nearly completed!

Make a plan on how you can get your day going with most of the TO DO LIST per day or week and accomplish your goals. Contact your vendors to know everything is on track and up to date. Once each task is completed, mark it off or put a tick beside it knowing its done.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So exciting! Honestly go through your list and start with the things that will take the most time, and leave super small things at the end.
    Dont try to accomplish everything in one day. Set out a few things each day and your list will seem more manageable!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics