About Samantha Ong Photography
Samantha Ong Photography is a Toronto based wedding and lifestyle photography studio. They take the responsibility of documenting your special day very seriously as they want to capture it as beautiful as possible. Their style of photography is romantic, whimsical and timeless. To guarantee availability for your date, please contact them and they can set up a time to discuss how you can work together to make your wedding day truly special and memorable!
Their work recently has had the honour of being published in popular wedding blogs such as WedLuxe Magazine, Elegant Wedding Magazine, The Knot, Weddingbells, Today's Bride, Bride Canada, The Wedding Co., and many more! They are also proudly the winner of Wedding Wire's Couple's Choice.
The services they offer include the following:
How they work
Their goal is to also capture timeless photos as they want to make sure that not only you are able to look back and enjoy your wedding day through these photos, but generations to come. They love telling stories. They love capturing the beauty of the moment.
They are booking couples for 2018/2019 and are available for weddings in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Niagara, Muskoka and all over the world. Please inquire with your wedding details for destination weddings.
One event per day, 2nd shooter, add'l hours, custom graphics, engagement shoot, high-res, liability…View more
More information about Samantha Ong Photography
Couples have also viewed:
Ingrid Munson, Married on 05/01/2019
Simply the best.
We booked Samantha Ong for our January wedding and she and her team were amazing. Her level of professionalism, expertise and organization before the wedding allowed us to properly plan our day. The photographs that she provided are spectacular and capture the emotion of us and our guests so perfectly. We have had so many compliments about our photography. She is amazing.
Vanessa Danielle, Married on 16/09/2018
It's All About Communication
We had a very hard time picking a photographer. We wanted light + airy + vibrant + creative photos. We chose Sam because her aesthetic most closely captured this vibe.
1. Sam is very responsive to emails and had a lot of patience pre-purchase and leading up to the wedding
2. We loved our engagement shoot – Sam suggested a sunflower field, as she was booked during cherry blossom season and we liked it even better. Great variety of epic landscape shots, candid and posed photos and she was flexible with us here.
3. Her business is very automated / structured which works for Type A’s – payment reminders were helpful, surveys were fun etc. (responses can get taken literally so take care)
4. The same-day slide show really added to the night (our guests loved it and it helped because we didn’t have same day video edit) and thank you cards included were one less thing to think about (envelopes are too small to fit 4x6 pics)
5. Our wedding locations were breathtaking and it was important she capture the blue sky and water, which we got in some photos. She took amazing epic shots of us with landscapes.
6. She works very fast turning around sneak peaks and we got our full wedding album in three weeks
7. I love how she edited the photos – bright, vibrant, light, soft – very pretty
8. She captured a lot of little moments and expressions as they happened – our wedding photos are like a re-enactment of the day (we said we wanted to capture natural emotions)
9. The team was very low-key on the day I hardly noticed them! (a slight con for family portrait orchestration)
10. She included a 3rd assistant at the last minute without charging extra
11. We are in-process for wedding album proof and it’s going well so far
1. Out of 1,000+ pics my husband and I only have 3 or 4 where we are both looking directly at the camera. This is by design per her photo styling so I should have paid more attention and been more vocal before the day and on the day that we wanted some posed, head-on photos. Also there were only 2 photos of me walking down the aisle for a variety of reasons and I wish I had more…
2. I had to request the only solo shots of myself during our couples portrait session – if I had not, I don’t think I would have any in full bridal dress. Feel like there should be a standard ratio of shots to be taken even in a time crunch.
3. Some of my immediate family were not in any of our 350 candid shots (wish we had more of us vs. guests)
4. Sam wasn’t overly receptive to constructive feedback after we got our photos back, though she made a lot of time to hear us out and share her perspective
I think with improved communication before and on the day, our cons would be overcome. The wedding timeline and flow of the day has a big impact too! We love every picture Sam/Elliot took on the day but wish we had 20-50 more… Once Sam captures the photos you want, they will 100% look great and fab!
Samantha Ong Photography's reply:
Thanks for submitting your review Vanessa! Glad to know you loved the photos we captured. We've taken all your feedback on board but of course want to address some of your concerns!
- We are always available if you wanted to let us know your anything before your wedding day. We also have a wedding questionnaire for all our clients to get to know what they want because we realise that every client and every wedding is so different! We photographed a shot looking at the camera at most of the locations we went to around the venue and we worked off the "natural, candid" vibe you had requested. It was very difficult to shoot head-on shots at certain locations requested (such as by the water) because of the harsh lighting. But I always always have calls with all my clients before the day (which we did!) to go through all your preferences to make sure we get a good understanding the wedding day. Some of the items you mentioned weren't mentioned to us so it's difficult for us to know!
- Unfortunately, if we are on a time crunch, we can't always get all the photos you were hoping for! It's just the reality of it. We had just over 30 minutes to do first look, bride & groom photos for the whole day, which was allowing for video time as well. The initial time allocated over an hour (which I explained on our call together prior to the wedding that the time was already very tight) so we were definitely on a squeeze! I had squeezed in bridal solo shots right before your ceremony even though bridal prep was already running late. We usually try to do most of the bride & groom solo shots at this time because the rest of the day gets very hectic and we try to focus on the two of you together once you’re together! During bride & groom photo time we were following your shot list as much as possible to get the ones that were requested first. We even worked with your coordinator to squeeze in some extra portrait time before your reception started to make sure we got the shots you wanted at sunset because we knew that we still had to get through the family photos during reception. This is because we didn’t have as much time for family photos since everything was also running late. As such, we took the time to try to coordinate the family photos as much as possible during your reception because we know how important family photos are.
- There were approximately 240 guests at your reception and as much as we try to capture the family, we always try to capture as many of the guests of your guests as possible especially since we tried to capture the emotion and story of the whole day as requested :) We can't always know everything you are looking for unless you let us know beforehand. We know it's hard to think of everything which is why we've put together our wedding photography questionnaire. We send this out as soon as you book and have up until your wedding day to fill out. Our clients in the past have found it super helpful to capture all the needs and preferences and we follow this as much as possible to get what you wanted and we went through this together on our call together. Timing was definitely tight all day for your wedding since the ceremony and reception times were set which didn’t allow for much time in between for photos. I’m sure if we had more time on the day, we could’ve gotten the shots you were looking for. Hope that helps!
Nancy, Married on 26/08/2018
Samantha and Elliot were so amazing to work with! Super professional and organized and very quick to respond to any questions we had. Most of all, the photos came out beautifully and captured all the special moments of our wedding day.
Tera Li, Married on 28/07/2018
I just received my wedding photos from Sam and they are absolutely amazing. Sam worked closely with me for both my wedding and engagement photos. She made sure to ask me what type of photos I liked, what were my inspo photos would look like for the wedding, and just general questions to get to know me and my husband! Sam really cares about the quality of her work and that I would be happy with the photos.
Aside from being a great photographer, Sam would respond in a very timely fashion to all my questions. Sam also sent me all my photos in less than a month from the day of my wedding, sneak peaks in a week or so. I was very impressed with her professionalism and would highly recommend her to any bride!
Samantha Ong Photography's reply:
That makes me so happy to know that you love the photos Tera! Your wedding day was so amazing and it was our pleasure to have captured it all!
Leah Chen, Married on 12/05/2018
Samantha and Elliot are truly amazing and incredibly talented! We couldn't have asked for better photographers for our wedding. It was the best decision we have made choosing this lovely couple to capture our perfect day. They were just so professional and helpful throughout the whole process. Looking through our engagement and wedding photos, we are blown away by how beautiful they are. Thank you so much for capturing all the special moments on our day. Your work are certainly beyond our expectations!
Thank you so much!
Samantha Ong Photography's reply:
So glad to hear all of this Leah! We were truly honoured to have captured your love story and that amazing wedding day. Thank you for trusting us with this special job!
Samantha Ong Photography awards
Samantha Ong Photography Real Weddings
Team of Samantha Ong Photography
Location of Samantha Ong Photography