About Samantha Ong Photography
Samantha Ong Photography is a Toronto based wedding and lifestyle photography studio. They take the responsibility of documenting your special day very seriously as they want to capture it as beautiful as possible. Their style of photography is romantic, whimsical and timeless. To guarantee availability for your date, please contact them and they can set up a time to discuss how you can work together to make your wedding day truly special and memorable!
Their work recently has had the honour of being published in popular wedding blogs such as WedLuxe Magazine, Elegant Wedding Magazine, The Knot, Weddingbells, Today's Bride, Bride Canada, The Wedding Co., and many more! They are also proudly the winner of Wedding Wire's Couple's Choice.
The services they offer include the following:
How they work
Their goal is to also capture timeless photos as they want to make sure that not only you are able to look back and enjoy your wedding day through these photos, but generations to come. They love telling stories. They love capturing the beauty of the moment.
They are booking couples for 2018/2019 and are available for weddings in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Niagara, Muskoka and all over the world. Please inquire with your wedding details for destination weddings.
More information about Samantha Ong Photography
Couples have also viewed:
103 Reviews for Samantha Ong Photography
35 User photos
Allan Mariano · Married on 28 of June of 2019
My wife and I were lucky to have our wedding photographed by Samantha and Elliot! From the initial consultation, all the way to the very end Samantha was very helpful in answering all of our questions and ensuring that our wedding day would go as smoothly as possible. Not only do we have great photos of us (on our wedding & engagement), but also of our family members as well. We'll be sure to treasure these photos forever!Sent on 07/01/2020
We will definitely recommend Samantha to all of our friends & family moving forward.
Salu Dhalla · Married on 22 of June of 2019
Planning a wedding can be an intense period as there are so many details to plan and consider. One of which is selecting a photographer that will capture the beautiful moments that you may miss while living in the moment as the bride and groom.
In our experience, we felt very comfortable and welcomed by Samantha and Elliot the first time we met them in their home studio. A big contrast to the bigger more commercial studios we considered. Neither of us had ever been in the spotlight of photography before and were quite nervous and unsure of being in front of the camera. We didn't want to be stiff or posed and they did a great job of giving us tips on how to be ourselves, naturally. By the time the wedding came around we hardly even noticed the cameras!
We loved that Samantha and Elliot were open to our unique ideas (engagement shoot at the airport) and ceremonies taking place during our wedding. The quality of the photos we recieved were exceptional. They are realistic and natural enough that every time we look at them we are transported back to our wedding weekend and we get to relive the happiness, love and joy over and over.
Thank you both for your amazing work and friendship. We wouldn't hesitate a second to recommend you to our family and friends.Sent on 07/12/2019
Ingrid Munson · Married on 05 of January of 2019
Simply the best.
We booked Samantha Ong for our January wedding and she and her team were amazing. Her level of professionalism, expertise and organization before the wedding allowed us to properly plan our day. The photographs that she provided are spectacular and capture the emotion of us and our guests so perfectly. We have had so many compliments about our photography. She is amazing.Sent on 02/03/2019
Vanessa Danielle · Married on 16 of September of 2018
It's All About Communication
We had a very hard time picking a photographer. We wanted light + airy + vibrant + creative photos. We chose Sam because her aesthetic most closely captured this vibe.Sent on 01/12/2018
1. Sam is very responsive to emails and had a lot of patience pre-purchase and leading up to the wedding
2. We loved our engagement shoot – Sam suggested a sunflower field, as she was booked during cherry blossom season and we liked it even better. Great variety of epic landscape shots, candid and posed photos and she was flexible with us here.
3. Her business is very automated / structured which works for Type A’s – payment reminders were helpful, surveys were fun etc. (responses can get taken literally so take care)
4. The same-day slide show really added to the night (our guests loved it and it helped because we didn’t have same day video edit) and thank you cards included were one less thing to think about (envelopes are too small to fit 4x6 pics)
5. Our wedding locations were breathtaking and it was important she capture the blue sky and water, which we got in some photos. She took amazing epic shots of us with landscapes.
6. She works very fast turning around sneak peaks and we got our full wedding album in three weeks
7. I love how she edited the photos – bright, vibrant, light, soft – very pretty
8. She captured a lot of little moments and expressions as they happened – our wedding photos are like a re-enactment of the day (we said we wanted to capture natural emotions)
9. The team was very low-key on the day I hardly noticed them! (a slight con for family portrait orchestration)
10. She included a 3rd assistant at the last minute without charging extra
11. We are in-process for wedding album proof and it’s going well so far
1. Out of 1,000+ pics my husband and I only have 3 or 4 where we are both looking directly at the camera. This is by design per her photo styling so I should have paid more attention and been more vocal before the day and on the day that we wanted some posed, head-on photos. Also there were only 2 photos of me walking down the aisle for a variety of reasons and I wish I had more…
2. I had to request the only solo shots of myself during our couples portrait session – if I had not, I don’t think I would have any in full bridal dress. Feel like there should be a standard ratio of shots to be taken even in a time crunch.
3. Some of my immediate family were not in any of our 350 candid shots (wish we had more of us vs. guests)
4. Sam wasn’t overly receptive to constructive feedback after we got our photos back, though she made a lot of time to hear us out and share her perspective
I think with improved communication before and on the day, our cons would be overcome. The wedding timeline and flow of the day has a big impact too! We love every picture Sam/Elliot took on the day but wish we had 20-50 more… Once Sam captures the photos you want, they will 100% look great and fab!
Samantha Ong Photography's reply:Thanks for submitting your review Vanessa! Glad to know you loved the photos we captured. We've taken all your feedback on board but of course want to address some of your concerns!
Kate Lamont · Married on 14 of September of 2018
Incredible photographer, our favourite vendor we hired!!!! Would highly recommend.
We hired Samantha and Elliott as our photographers for our wedding last September, and we were so happy with how everything turned out. Looking back on our photos, they captured our day so perfectly.
We also did an Engagement Shoot which I would highly recommend! A great way to get comfortable with your photos being taken. Samantha made such an effort to get to know us as a couple, and really aimed to convey that in the photos. We were at a newly opened venue, and so we were well behind schedule (we had not even done our first dance yet when the 10 hours were up that we had booked with Samantha). She was so understanding and flexible, and so we were able to add another hour to our booking and she stayed and made sure to capture those special moments with the first dances.
Lastly, the album that Samantha made is STUNNING! We absolutely love it and know we will have it forever. Thank you Samantha and Elliott!!!!!Sent on 05/10/2019
Samantha Ong Photography awards
Samantha Ong Photography Real Weddings
Team of Samantha Ong Photography
Location of Samantha Ong Photography
ContestYou could win $1,000!
Plan your wedding on WeddingWire to earn chances to win $1,000. Learn more.