About UM Studio
UM Studio is a Montreal-based company that specializes in custom designed wedding dresses for brides looking for the ultimate shopping experience. With the belief that each wedding dress has only one owner, the precision customization offered at this boutique will make you the designer. Your ideas combined with their expertise results in a personalized service you will appreciate while searching for the perfect dress.
It offers designs for the any of the following:
The accessories offered include:
Bride, bridesmaids, flower girls, mother of the bride, mother of the groom
Alterations, appointments only, full customization, sample sales
Bridal gowns, customary attire, formal gowns, garters, hair accessories, jewellery, plus size gowns,…View more
$1000 - $2499
More information about UM Studio
Couples have also viewed:
Hanh, Married on 25/08/2018
Horrible customer service and execution of my wedding dress
Sent on 19/08/2018
TO ALL THE FUTURE BRIDE - PLEASE - MAKE YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO ANYWHERE ELSE - I wrote this review to share my horrible experience, it is too late for me, but not for a lot of you..
To start with....I have to said that my overall experience with Qi was horrible.
I would not recommend that vendor. I paid 3000$ for a custom made dress...to get a really low quality dress, I should have been better to by a dress off a rack. To start with, she keep getting my name wrong, really easy simple french name, even if I corrected her many many time, she will stick to the wrong name. That showed you how much low she considered her client.
How it looks like working with QI - Before you sign the contract, it is really nice and everything is possible. After: she will send you the drawing of your dress over email and that's it. You have discuss 10 minutes with her the lace you want on the dress and will said I am not sure and the next time you call, she would said: but you told me YES?! She will call you for the pattern fitting ONLY, will not show you the fabric she will used. After the pattern is the FINAL fitting and at the final fitting, she will push you to accept the dress as is! She will be not at all collaborative and will not listing to you at all.
1. Quality of service and dress - The quality of the dress is horrible...for a 3000$ custom made dress. If I would have by it from the rack...I would have not the same complaint. She is really pushy with her ideas and will not listen to you once the contract is done. Once the contract is signed as well...she will never answer to your email, you will have to call her and if you are lucky she will answer.
She is only open from Wednesday to Saturday. Here opening hour is really strict and if you have a regular job hours like me it will be hard to find a moment to meet with her.
- LATE TO DELIVER THE DRESS - My wedding dress was suppose to be ready for the 10th of July, I got my first fitting session with her on the 3rd of August...almost a month later and my wedding is on the 25th of August. She never apologize, she said it was normal as she was late for many other client that it was not unique...Other brides would understand the stress that I got during those weeks...
- HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - for a 3000$ custom dress, once you signed the contract, she will see you once to capture the ideas, send you by email the drawing of the dress. As well, in the 3000$ she was suppose to use high quality fabric as state on her website. For me she was like: OMG you are so lucky I will used silk to layer the top of your wedding dress. I made some research, the silk pice should have not cost her more than 50$. And she told me that she NEVER used silk...except if the client paid extra. She would never should me the fabric that she wanted to used even if I have asked her many time ... over the phone: She just said: Trust me.
- HORRIBLE EXECUTION OF MY WEDDING DRESS: My wedding dress is sheer, she put those WHITE boobs cover in the dress....you could see thoses boobs cover. At the fitting. I told her about that and she just said - It is how you are suppose to wear it, as well as, I asked you if you want boobs cover. So I said yes to boobs covers...but she never mentioned that everyone could see it. Me and my friends we had to argue for her to remove. My dress at that moment was similar to those epic failed prom dress that teenager bought online!
- II took the 3000$ package to have my dress custom made...when I tried it on it was way too big. That is not an issue as she altered it. But the alteration was sloppy. You could see, the original thread was cream like the color of the dress...and all the alteration was done with a WHITE thread. I did not see it at the fitting session, and now I can't reach out to her, 1 week before my wedding. For the alteration - she has to resize my dress. Instead of taking the extra fabric out, she used the lazy path to just tuck it in....but because the dress is sheer you could see the extra fabric on the side!!
- I asked for the back of my dress to be sheer, but she put silk there...it is a detail that I just see when I came home with the dress. During the fitting session, she put so much pressure on you to accept the dress as is. For everything that you want it to change, you have to fight with her. It is exhausting and not what you want when you paid a 3000$ package for you dress.
- There is a line of thread in the front of my wedding dress that would have suppose to be at the back.
- LIES: With the 3000$ package, I was suppose to have a custom veil...The veil is a WHITE...and my dress is cream. I called her to ask if the veil would be the same color and she said yes. It was another detail that I did not see on the fitting day as I was so overwhelm but all the other issues.
So please, again, if you considered doing business with her and if it is not too late, just go somewhere else, where the design will care to listen to you to bring your wedding dress to life and in line with your vision.
I am not a bridezilla. I have comments about how relax I am to work with. On my wedding day, I will wear that dress and of course and no one will see those details. However, I-the bride, will know and the overall experience that QI have make me go through to get the dress, was so STRESSFULL I have to let all of you future bride to be aware of my story.
If my review could just help one future bride to have a better experience of having her dream wedding dress custom made - the most important dress of our life, I will consider my review worth it.
Stephanie Jan, Married on 19/09/2017
Sent on 02/02/2016
When I entered the store, my first impression was a very cozy bridal store with professional services. I met the designer Qi, she is wonderful and professional. Basically, I was so lost in the beginning, but she guided me to where I want for my dress. The material with the price they offered is certainly a nice deal. If you are looking for custom bridal dress with good price. I will say give it a try at UM Studio. You won't regard!
Sent on 25/01/2016
The stylist and the designer of UM studio are very welcoming and charming. There are a lot of samples in the store so you can choose which style would fit you the most. Also, what i like about this company is that its custom made and it take about three to four months to be ready, plus its very affordable. The experience is very special because your the only one with the stylist and designer, there's nobody else in the studio so they can only focus on you and nobody else.
UM Studio awards
Promotions from UM Studio
Location of UM Studio