Lindsay C. · Married on 15/02/2020
Angel's Catering just catered my wedding on February 15, 2020. In a word: wow! We went with the plated wedding package, and it was phenomenal! I have had so many of our guests reach out over the last few days specifically to compliment the food, my uncle even said that it was the best catered meal he has ever eaten (and he is known for being a picky eater). Just a few of the things that impressed us about Angel's Catering:Sent on 19/02/2020
- Very fast response time. Angele even took the time to have a nearly-30-minute phone conversation with me BEFORE we booked her services to go over any questions I had.
- Professionalism. Angele has been in the business for a long time, and she and her team are seasoned professionals. She knows the game and has lots of good pointers. Her advice was invaluable.!
- Angele and her staff plate as they go, which means that all of the meals were fresh and hot. From what I understand, many caterers pre-plate to save time. Her technique did not compromise on time, as all of our guests were served quickly and efficiently (there were 94 of us in total).
- She offers a unique option of "a bit of both". We had selected chicken breast with parmesan herb sauce and beef tenderloin with creamy peppercorn gravy as our two entréee options, and guests had a third choice of "a bit of both". I have never seen this option before, and the portion sizes were extremely generous for all options! I got lots of positive feedback from our guests about having "a bit of both" as an option.
- Extremely flexible meal options. We had a few guests who are vegan/vegetarian, as well as a number of guests with food allergies, and Angele was completely unfazed and offered delicious substitute meals at no extra cost.
- Flexibility in general. Inevitably, we had some last-minute requests and changes from our guests regarding menu options. Again, Angele was incredibly gracious and made all the requested changes without batting an eye. We also finished our ceremony ahead of schedule, and Angele and her staff were able to start serving appetizers a bit earlier than the agreed-upon time to keep the guests happy.
- One stop shopping. Angel's Catering offers just about everything you could possibly need. Glassware, china, setup ahead of time, and even has Smart Serve bartenders available. We also went with her bar accompaniment package ($2.50 per person) and felt that it was incredibly good value for the price. Which brings me to my most important point:
- Affordability. Seriously, you will NOT find another caterer in the Durham region who offers everything that Angel's Catering does at her prices. My husband and I were actually nervous because it seemed too good to be true! Thankfully our fears were completely unfounded. Her price includes a wide selection of hors d'oeuvres, salad course, entrée and sides, dessert, breads, tea and coffee service, AND late night snacks, plus setup and cleanup. We did some cost comparisons for other caterers and no one else even came close to Angel's Catering in terms of affordability.
I wish I had a few criticisms to offer so that this review doesn't sound fake, but I honestly have nothing but praise for Angele and her staff. They were absolutely wonderful and I would use Angel's Catering again in a heartbeat.
Angel's Catering's reply:Hi Lindsay and Rob. Thank you for the amazing review. It was our pleasure and your guests were excellent to work with.
Donna · Married on 30/11/2019
Great value and easy to deal with
I didn't hire them for a wedding but for our work Christmas Party. They were so flexible on changes we made to our meal and everyone raved about the food. We had a buffet style with service and the price was so reasonable. Since we had such a good response to our Christmas party, we decided to use them again for a perogie/cabbage roll day at our office. The perogies were good but I highly recommend the cabbage rolls. They are tasty and meaty and very large, probably the best that I have every tasted. We will definitely keep using this caterer for future functions.Sent on 30/01/2020
Angel's Catering's reply:Hi Donna. It was great working with you and your group. Everyone was fantastic and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Sherrie M. · Married on 17/10/2019
Thank you Angel, you truly are an angel!
The excellent service and delicous dinner made my daughter's reception a total success. My only regret is that I didn't have the presence of mind to include you in my speech for a most grateful thankyou, because both yourself and your daughter deserved a big round of applause. I will never forget you when any of my friends or associates are looking for a recommendation for catering.Sent on 19/10/2019
Angel's Catering's reply:Hi Sherrie. Thank you for the awesome review. It was our pleasure and all the best to the bride and groom
Linda N. · Married on 26/08/2017
Angele and her staff from Angel's Catering did a phenomenal job for our wedding reception on August 26, 2017! They provided excellent service for us and our 80 guests at the Oshawa and District Shriner hall. All of the food, right from the appetizers during the cocktail hour to the main course with dessert and ending with a late night snack, was so delicious!! All evening we had guests commenting to us about how awesome their meal was. The appetizers were a huge hit, especially the mini burger sliders! The late night snack consisting of poutine and chicken quesadilla was another big hit with everyone, especially some of our American guests who never had poutine!Sent on 18/09/2017
The complete service provided was impeccable, everything from the lovely table settings to the uniformed Servers. It was a pleasure working with Angele and her staff.
Angel's Catering's reply:Thank you very much. We greatly appreciate the positive feedback.
Stef B. · Married on 08/07/2017
Food was amazing ...staff was professional and quick. The food requirements for my guests were all met. The appetizers we amazing ...poutine and pizza was to die for later at night. The bar tender was fast and super friendly. The dessert was delicious. They answer all tpur questiond and bend over backwards for you.Sent on 10/07/2017
Angel's Catering's reply:Thank you Stef and Tristan. It was our absolute pleasure being a part of your special day.
Jessica S. · Married on 20/05/2017
Angele and her daughter are amazing. The food is great! We had a buffet, and 90% of people went back up for seconds. We got compliments for having a good catering company. The wait staff are also friendly, and professional.Sent on 13/07/2017
Angeles Catering was very accommodating to our wedding guests that had dietary restrictions.
I recommend her to everyone!
Angel's Catering's reply:Thank you for the kind comments. We strive to ensure that all of our customers have a fantastic wedding.
Emma C. · Married on 23/07/2016
PHENOMENAL! We ordered the rosemary chicken, strawberry goat cheese salad, roast beef, vegetables, and apple crisp-- could not have been more impressed. Throughout the night (and afterwards) family and friends told us it was the best food they had at the wedding. The faulty of the food and the quality of service is amazing for the price.Sent on 22/09/2016
Melanie G. · Married on 27/05/2016
We opted for the lowest value buffet package for our wedding, and everything was absolutely perfect. I got plenty of compliments throughout the night on how great the food was, and the service and value are incomparable. I highly recommend Angel's Catering!Sent on 07/06/2016
Melanie C. · Married on 11/07/2015
Angel's is a good choice for anyone with a tight budget. To me the food was kind of 'Meh', BUT a lot of our guests commented that they liked it because it tasted like everyday food. We also went with the lowest package, so I can't speak for their higher value packages. They also served dinner about 30 minutes late. There may have been a reason for this, but I was not involved in the day running smoothly.Sent on 13/07/2015
Great caterer! Would recommend to anyone! So many of my guests were amazed by the food and we got so many comments weeks after about Angel's Catering.Sent on 14/06/2015