Located in Port Perry, Ontario, Summerlea Golf Club is an 18-hole golf course and clubhouse that specializes in hosting breathtaking weddings. The golf course is situated in the lovely Ridges of Durham region surrounded by vast meadows fields, majestic forests, and stunning gardens. Such natural beauty is easily accessed from downtown Toronto, making the venue a convenient choice for those seeking to escape the city’s bustle. Couples can expect a warm welcome and attentive service throughout their experience from expert staff.
Facilities and capacity
At Summerlea Golf Course, prospective newlyweds can exchange vows at a hilltop ceremony site that overlooks the stunning grounds. Outfitted with handmade wooden benches and a 150-year-old arbour created from barn beams, it is a characterful space full of romance. Nestled amongst the forest trees and overlooking the reception tent and rolling farmlands, it is a stunning location in which to say “I do”. The ceremony site has a seated capacity of 200 guests. Following their intimate ceremony, the newlyweds and their guests can make their way to the reception tent area and bar lawn. The venue’s beautiful marquee tent has no interior poles, creating an open and inclusive space. A blank canvas, it can be used by couples to bring their creative ideas to life. Furniture is included with the rental of the venue, with enough room in the tent for up to 200 guests. This setting can also be adapted for smaller gatherings. There is parking available on-site.
Summerlea Golf Course’s staff provide service with a smile throughout a couple’s wedding journey. The in-house catering team offers homemade dishes focusing on ingredients sourced from local produce. The planning team sits down with each and every couple to learn about their tastes and vision for the day to come. There is a variety of bar options to suit all budgets and event styles, from a toonie bar to an open bar. All of the venue’s wedding packages come complete with linens, tableware, a built-in dance floor, and mood-setting Edison bulb lighting.
6 Reviews for Summerlea Golf Club
5 User photos
Victoria M. · Getting married on 01/10/2021
Thank you so much
Amy has literally saved us.Sent on 17/09/2021
My wedding is one week away, everything was squared up and ready to go until my dad, who is overseas, tested positive for Covid (he’s ok). As I can’t get married without my dad here, my family worked to switch our wedding date. Without Amy’s help and accommodation this wouldn’t have been possible.
I’m addition to that, the whole planning process since we booked with her over a year ago has been great. She’s been super helpful, easy going and has given me so many ideas and a ton of guidance. It’s also a beautiful venue and I love that I can make it my own. Thanks Amy and Summerlea staff for literally saving us!
Francesca S. · Married on 18/03/2018
Weddings at Summerlea Golf Club
I had the opportunity to work with Summerlea Golf Club for some of my clients weddings. Their grounds and ceremony are are incredibly beautiful and picturesque. Their staff and service is one of a kind. Working with me and my staff is always pleasant and seamless. I highly recommend their venue for weddings and golf. xoSent on 31/03/2020
Niki · Getting married on 11/12/2021
very poor management. AMY MCQUAID is owner, coordinator, manger and she can't handle the venue and answer all the questions. They are not responsive to the calls and emails. she took a deposit without sending a contract (probably for tax and business claims ) and reused to give the money back before one month early notice cancellation . The tent ha not enough facility for a wedding . lights, decors and temperature not designed for out door wedding. Amy is very rude and irresponsible and refused to give the deposit back!!Sent on 07/09/2021
Summerlea Golf Club's reply:Thank you for your review Niki, although I will assume that this is actually Zara. Since, in my entire career you are the only unsatisfied Bride I have experienced.
Asghar D. · Married on 03/09/2021
I ask every one to read what did Amy do to ruin my wedding day ! All the positive reviews was written by her friends and family
Thank you for your reply Amy,Sent on 14/09/2021
I am very happy google review, allows customers to have brand awareness and better insight.
1. First of all, by law it’s illegal to share personal information in public. You didn’t protect the privacy of us and disclosed our personal information. I have kept your reply for our record to report …
2. Regarding my contacts, do you remember the first day you wrote down your personal phone number on a card and emphasized you are welcome to answer all my question since a bride could have many concerns for a wedding day and now are complaining my contacts!!!
Let me remind you, I sent you in total 2 messages and you never replied!!! Also, some emails never answered. Customer service means professionalism, patience, and a “people-first” attitude. Based on your rely to ZARA, clearly describing to all google reviewers, summerlea has zero customer service.
3. I was on site for a tour around 2 pm on a day light and you never showed the lightening. You are such a big liar!! Then you assured us the tent is good temperature and always have event even in November. You completely ensured us about the temperature and didn’t say a word about tent allowance to have 50% of walls up. It’s ok if you don’t assure a warm tent but do you accept responsibility if a guest gets cold and has a hard time ?! let me know what responsibility you accept?! Amy, you have zero responsibility!!
4. I don’t let you fool reviewers. I wish I could record your voice and publish in the web then let the universe know your rude bone in your body. You talked very aggressively with me and my husband after we asked our money. Also cut the phone when my husband called you.
5. May I ask to let all your reviewer know which special tables I asked for?! and what did you rent for our wedding?! You are a true liar, and I am sure you won’t run your business since you manner is based on fraud and lie. We spend only one hour in your site, reviewed the menu, paid the deposit and never received a contract and details. Let me clear to the universe you were agreed to cancel one month in advance and we exactly informed you one month in advance based on your word.
6. In our last call you threatened us your lawyer will call me since I add a negative review. I am still waiting for the call and will continue to let the google reviewer know your business is based on fraud and denial.
Amy, I am very happy you replied my review and now all google reviewer could judge righteously and wish your business all the best.
Jennifer M. · Getting married on 15/10/2021
Our up and coming Fall wedding has been a complete joy to plan with the staff at Summerlea Golf Course. The excitement builds as Amy's creativity leaves me in awe. Details that I couldn't even dream of have been presented to us that exceed our expectations, all at a reasonable price. Mother Nature may send us a curve ball but we know we are in good hands! Simply delightful... we appreciate you and the care you have put into our special day! xoSent on 14/09/2021
Summerlea Golf Club awards
Summerlea Golf Club Real Weddings
Promotions from Summerlea Golf Club