About Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
Begin your new journey together amidst the breathtaking beauty of Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club, located in Richmond, British Columbia. Established in 1989, the ceremony site is located in the majesty of the North Shore Mountains. You can also enjoy the special, customized menus served by the club’s executive chef and choose from a wide range of banquet beverage selections.
Facilities and capacity
The venue features two banquet rooms, each of which features a lovely private patio. The Greenside room covers 2,451 square feet of event space and has the capacity to comfortably accommodate 180 guests for dinner/dancing and 200 guests for a cocktail reception. The Lakeside room covers an area of 1,783 square feet and can easily seat around 90 guests for dinner and 125 for cocktail receptions. The venue’s ceremony site, known as the Island, was built in the spring of 2003.
Along with wonderful on-site coordination on your special day, the event team also provides amazing butler service. The team will take care of all the details of your day so that you can enjoy a hassle-free wedding. Some of the services provided include:
The venue offers a variety of catering packages: The Traditional, The Classic, The Decadent, and The Unforgettable. The packages include salads, platters, and desserts. Some of the delightful options include a Greek salad, wild rice pilaf, and teriyaki chicken.
More information about Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
17 Reviews for Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
Carmen Sham · Married on 12/05/2018
Top notch reception
Their event coordinator is incredibly helpful. From day 1 she made it clear that she is there to support us and make.our big day happen the way we envisioned. If something was not possible she was quick to find alternatives for us.Sent on 18/05/2018
They are accommodating and professional. Not once did they push something on to us that we were not sure of just to get us to spend more. Staff are friendly and food was amazing! Definitely had a lot of our guests tell us they enjoyed the food.
Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club's reply:Thank you Carmen & Evan. It was so great to work with you both. I am so pleased that we were able to make the planning of your day smooth and easy.
May Wu · Married on 19/08/2017
I had conflicted feelings about leaving a review for Mayfair. I thought I should still leave this review to help future brides out there in making an informed decision. Here are the following pros and cons about Mayfair for me:Sent on 15/09/2017
1. Beautiful ceremony and reception site
2. Buffet and dessert were delicious
1. They have very bad organization. Initially when we booked the site, the coordinator was okay with us having buffet indoors. Somehow through different changes in the coordinator, the answer became no. It took many months of communication to have them hold onto their first word. It seems like there has been inconsistencies between each coordinator. Despite having the discussion indoors in the end, on the day of the wedding one staff still accidentally put the buffet outdoors; thankfully they were able to still fix it within the given time frame. It certainly caused some unnecessary stress for the bride.
2. Mayfair prioritizes golfers over the wedding party which means no photos were allowed on the golf course.
3. Despite telling them my chair numbers, which was important for them to prepare the place prior to my decor people putting on chair covers, they didn't prepare a chair for my DJ's assistant which ultimately led to no chair cover (that I had paid for) on the wedding day.
4. My wedding had a wedding planner and an EMCEE who were announcing tables to go eat. After my main 1st and 2nd parents table went, a staff decided to tell my friends table to go eat third. This was before my relatives table which was quite rude. Mayfair should not have intervened on my table eating order as it wasn't their role to do so. Upon bringing this concern up, I was brushed to the side that this never happened. I have to say that I have attended around 5 weddings thus far and none of them had this type of issue. For a venue like Mayfair that had prepared many weddings in the past, this was quite unacceptable.
Ultimately I can summarize that while the place and food were great, the people certainly lacked good organization and customer service was unacceptable.
Elaine Mcaloney · Married on 19/05/2018
Our primary contact / event coordinator was Shae at this venue, and she did an amazing job being responsive, organized and kept my family members very happy. We wanted a venue that would fit approximately 180 people, serve delicious seafood and let us bring a Lechon (filipino traditional dish for celebrations) at a reasonable price. The ceremony site was lush and gorgeous in May. The food was cooked perfectly, not a single complaint in the house. We were allowed to have a Candy and Savory station in the reception hall to give our guests snacks, as well as hors d'oeuvres being hand served. The venue also comes with it's own sound system, although the ceremony site does not. There are a number of unique spots to take photos on sites, including a wall covered in ivy, that was very nice.Sent on 07/02/2019
I liked how this venue keeps both the ceremony site and the reception hall close together, to keep it simple for the guests. She also provides a detailed questionnaire that sorta acts as your final checklist to make sure you have everything ready for your wedding day.
If you want a stress free venue with beautiful pictures and delicious food, this is the place to go!
Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club's reply:Thank you so much for your wonderful words Elaine! We are so glad you had such an amazing day here at Mayfair Lakes!
Brenda Birdseye · Married on 20/08/2017
the attention to detail, helpfulness of the wedding coordinator and the food are excellent at this venue. they have a menu that includes lobster, crab, oysters, and salmon. i wasn't able to find that anywhere else. they also have air conditioning and it was unseasonably hot on our wedding day this august. you can take photos outside on the golf course, and don't have to travel to another location.Sent on 04/10/2017
Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club's reply:Thank you so much for your kind words Brenda. It was such a pleasure to work with you to make your day spectacular.
Joelle Zelter · Married on 16/07/2016
Our day could not have gone better! The staff at Mayfair were organized and friendly and the food was incredible. They are so flexible and accommodating, we were able to have exactly what we imagined for our wedding day. Katrina, their on site coordinator was amazing and was a big part in making our day so special.Sent on 22/07/2016
Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club awards
Businesses who collaborate with Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
Location of Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club