Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Olivia
Newbie July 2020 Ontario

Wedding date: August 28, 2020. Is it still feasible?

Olivia, on July 6, 2020 at 02:08 Posted in Ontario 0 7
Hi everyone!

My fiancé and I are hoping to be married at the end of August of this year. We’re from Hamilton ON and are currently in stage 2. Our venue has built an outdoor space and is having their first wedding on July 25. We currently have about 80 people on our guest list. Just wondering what other people are doing who have August/September dates and whether they think it still might be possible and safe. Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Maureen, on July 13, 2020 at 19:54
  • Maureen
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding has been postponed 4 times and had 1 venue change. Today, I'm at 65 guests and have high hopes to take advantage of the 30% capacity that venues can have for ceremony and reception. My wedding is rescheduled for August 9 and I'm very hopeful because Ontario is in Stage 3. Like Hamilton, Mississauga is still in Stage 2 until this Friday. Praying for all brides in this delicate yet treacherous season.
  • L
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Lilly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I highly doubt that a gathering of 80 will be allowed anytime soon. We’re getting married August I5 and have cut our guest list from 80 to 18, praying they increase the 10 person limit to 20 soon. Any gatherings over 50 most likely won’t happen until a vaccine.
  • S
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Selma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding on aug 15th . About 60 ppl . Hoping it’s still a go 😇
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree fully with Hank. If you're hoping to have a "normal" wedding with hugs and dancing it is absolutely not going to happen this summer.

However if you're just wanting to have a ceremony and reception with social distancing measures in place (lots of space, limited dancing, food and alcohol restrictions, etc.) you can probably do that, but I would plan for a smaller guest list.

Your venue should be able to give you some guidance as to what restrictions they'll expect your wedding to have.

Good luck! I hope you're able to make something work for you and your finacé.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stay positive. Given that your guest list is 80 you’re most likely to have it. Continue monitoring the situation. Try not to stress yourself out Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am trying to stay positive so I may be Bias, but I DO think its possible. Especially that you don't exceed 100 people. I think this would be great for you!
    I am hoping phase 3 is not far behind, they were talking about phase 3 near end of July which means you have some time to potentially ease some restrictions as well like social distancing or masks.
    I am crossing my fingers for you! Smiley heart

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Olivia, considering how other provinces with much lower numbers are only allowing 50 people max at this point, I don't see us moving into a direction where over 50 people would be allowed to party. Even if it was allowed, there would likely be major restrictions such as no open bar, no live music such as singers, and limited dancing as per what's happening in Alberta currently.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics