Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janis
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Website Content - meal requests and dress code

Janis, on September 30, 2018 at 11:02 Posted in WeddingWire 0 8
I’m keeping our website basic, don’t want it to be busy. However, I want the following important content:
-RSVP for my guest count (obviously lol)
-main course selection so caterer knows in advance how much to order
-dress code (in addition a special request for ladies NOT to wear black as it’s frowned upon in my culture)

RSVP is simple, but I don’t know how to input the main course selection for my reference (also don’t want it to be publicly viewed).

For the dress code, I want to start off nicely by saying what it is. Then I’ll follow up and add the request for ladies dress code (I’ll make an insert in my paper invitations so guests have it in print as well). I just don’t want to have a dark overshadow when I mention it :/

HELP!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Valérie, on November 1, 2018 at 13:29
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're most welcome!

My FH thinks I've spent WAY too much time testing out different options (WeddingWire, The Knot, Joy, Wix, Minted, etc.). He quickly switched his tune when he saw the end result (still unpublished until we print our invites!).

• Janis
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is great advise. Concise and to the point, thank you Jennifer!!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In terms of wording for the dress code. I would go along the lines of

Formal attire required. And in being respectful to cultural traditions, we ask the ladies not to wear black.

like Brittany said. I would put this on the details page. maybe near the top.

• Janis
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Valerie! I have had it on “hidden” mode so far so I guess it’s a good thing to test things out as is before I go live. I like the paperless idea for RSVP so I am having it done here on Wedding Wire. I didn’t think to explore other options outside Wedding Wire for this, but it just goes to show we shouldn’t be limited with resources when it comes to our wedding plans Smiley smile
  • Janis
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the step by step assistance here Brittany!! I’m looking forward to getting this working soon enough on my wedding wire website Smiley smile
  • Janis
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Valerie! I have had it on “hidden” mode so far so I guess it’s a good thing to test things out as is before I go live. I like the paperless idea for RSVP so I am having it done here on Wedding Wire. I didn’t think to explore other options outside Wedding Wire for this, but it just goes to show we shouldn’t be limited with resources when it comes to our wedding plans Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are using WeddingWire.ca for your website, you can build meal options, and then when people search their name to RSVP online, they will also be asked to pick their main course. As for your dress code, I have a whole page on my website called "Wedding Details"... it's dress code, our RSVP deadline, parking options, ceremony time, reception time, dinner time, bar options, and a reminder about our wedding hashtag.

To add meal options:

1) Go to your Guest page. Click on the specific "Wedding" guest list page.

2) Go to "Settings" on the upper right hand side.

3) Select "Track Meal Options"

4) Select the add meal option. I believe there is a default "Adult" option, once you add one of your own, you can delete it or rename it.

5) Save it!

Now when your guests are on the RSVP page, they will be asked to choose one of your options!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re using WeddingWire, there’s an option to keep your pages “hidden” until they’re ready. If you have a website, I’d say put a short blurb about the dress code on the invitation and elaborate on it on your website.

I’ve played around with multiple premade websites but none of them had everything I wanted. So I ended up making my own via wix.com, which is free! It’s still in “edit” mode and unpublished so nobody can find it! Same thing with the RSVP form, I’ll be using the RSVPify.com, will upgrade it for $35 and get all the customizations I need hahah.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics