Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie May 2021 Ontario

Save the date help!!

Madison, on September 27, 2019 at 08:38 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
Hi ladies ☺️
So I want to send out our save the dates in Nov 2019 for our May 2021 wedding. However we are still going back and forth with our travel agent for a location so we’ve decided to withhold the location from the STD. Since we’re undecided on location our ideal date of May 12,2021 is up in the air.

Do you think it’s okay if I just put May 2021 on the save the dates without a specific day? I just want family to be aware of the month so they can start planning financially. Or should I wait until January when resort pricing for 2021 comes out so that the full date can be on them?

TIA 💓🙌

8 Comments

Latest activity by Adrianna, on September 30, 2019 at 12:33
  • Adrianna
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Adrianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the other ladies. Wait until you know the date for sure. Typically STD are sent out up to a year before the wedding. you've got lots of time!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd wait until January when you have the actual date, since you want them to save a date.

Would you be able to have location in January too? If not, I'd wait until you do, most people send Save the Dates 8-12 months so you should be good if you wait to send until May 2020 even. If you don't want to wait until location is finalized, have it known that it is a destination wedding, so guests are aware of the travel.

• M
    Newbie May 2021 Ontario
    Madison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well we can narrow it down to the week of the 12th, it’s just we didn’t want to wait until the middle of the week to get married. So we might have our date be the Monday. Just too many what ifs 😂🤪 haha
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would wait and narrow it down to a week. can you decide what week you're gonna go and then pick any location?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I would wait, for all you know the place you end up booking could be booked for all you know... then again it looks like May 12, 2021 is a Wednesday... so... there is always a chance that you won't be able to book on that day at all...

Plus I agree, if you don't have the date, you don't have the location, and you have time to spare - might as well wait to send it out and like Kelsie suggested; word of mouth is a really easy way to let them know without locking anything in prematurely.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think waiting for more info is a better idea that way you don't end up confusing guests and it's hard to plan for a wedding that could be any time within a month. People usually need the save the date for things like booking time off work, ect. They can't do that without a date.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Madison! Congrats on your engagement and welcome to WeddingWire!!

I'm getting married next July 2020, and I sent my Save the Dates out exactly a year before (this past July 2019). Typically, you'd send them out 8-12 months in advance. I included the date of our wedding, with the year, on our Save the Dates.

Well, I sent them out a year before, like I said, and many, many, many guests were super confused and thought they had either missed the wedding, or I had sent them a wedding invite without an RSVP card.

My recommendation is to wait to Save your Dates out. I think I had I waited until 8-10 months prior, it might have been a bit better.

If you're worried about peoples finances, just let them know by word of mouth when your wedding is. If you don't have a location however, I would maybe wait until you do. There's a big financial difference if people are just driving an hour away from where they live versus a province away versus another country.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would wait! January would still give you nearly a year and a half before the big day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics