Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Romantic movies

Chelsea, on November 14, 2016 at 09:53 Posted in Living together 0 18

So I read a post recently that stated watching romantic movies with your significant other can reduce your chances of divorce. It said that couples who watch and discuss romantic love stories are less likely to get divorced. Currently the divorce rate is about 50% so I suggest you and your fiance or husband/wife start watching, watching, watching! Haha

What are your favourite romantic movies?

Romantic movies

18 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on November 30, 2017 at 19:55
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We watch a lot of movies!! So we don't really have favourites as we have so many we've watched. We kind of forget the names lol
  • Samantha
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm...I gotta say I love the CHEESIEST movies, so things like any Katherine Hiegl Rom-Com...

But Love Actually is my all time favourite, because Christmas is my favourite time of the year, so tying in all those awesome story lines to the best holiday (in my opinion) it's awesome.

OH and the movie The Holiday.

That's a cool theory though! My FH doesn't have a problem watching romantic movies/rom-coms, so maybe we should watch them some more!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Walk the line - a biography of Johnny cash and city lights by Charlie Chaplin
  • Mzheng
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Mzheng ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A Walk To Remember will always be our favourite! Smiley heart

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think my favourite Nicholas Sparks movie would be a walk to remember. gets me every time! Also if he made The Guardian into a movie - I would be there opening night to watch it! I have read the book twice and just loved it!

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have seen pretty much every Nicolas Sparks movie. My FH always grumbles and doesnt want to watch it, but then gets right into it and always loves it by the end. Some of our favourites are The Notebook, The Longest Ride, The Best of Me and Safe Haven. My FH also loves Failure to Launch lol!

• Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite love story is the Adjustment Bureau. We tried to watch it last night but it's not on Netflix anymore so we watched my favourite sports movie instead: Rudy

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen all the Nicholas Sparks movies !! i always read the books first and then see if the movie even comes close lol .. I have made FH watch a couple and even he gets a little teary eyed .. I definatly will have to watch some more with him !! We just watched Be before you ... great movie I highly suggest !!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's an interesting theory about couples! I'll have to use that on my husband next time I want to watch a romantic movie! Smiley winking He's a good sport though and usually watches whatever I want. He doesn't love The Notebook as much as me though!

My all-time favourite movie is Moulin Rouge! I walked down the aisle to the song "Come What May" from the movie. Smiley love

If you haven't seen it yet, Brooklyn is THE MOST ADORABLE MOVIE! My husband and I were were pretty much just going "awwwww" the entire movie! It's a good one!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just saw the movie Me Before You yesterday ! Omg! I watched it by myself and balled like a baby! A must see!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That seems pretty fair Smiley winking

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have watched some alone but usually I will just watch them with my friends who aren't chickens! Usually if I offer a massage or to rub his back or make some sort of offer that benefits him, I can then get him to watch a horror movie with me!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does he make you watch the horror movies alone? because the is terrifying!

We get pretty dorky about Star Wars together Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I havn't thought about that. We are likely going to do traditional vows vs our own! We watch all sorts of movies together!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone is different! My FH HATES horror films which are actually my favourite Smiley sad I love all genres of movies except sci-fi -- that is definitely not my thing!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Notebook is a lovely movie...but otherwise.... dirty secret *I don't like most romantic movies* Smiley surprise

A lot of other ladies tend to think I'm crazy but I'll be honest- a Walk to Remember didn't really move me, Dirty Dancing is awful and dear John was meh....It makes my FH pretty happy, because he doesn't like to sit through them. We watch a lot of Science Fiction, Action and Drama/mysteries instead Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know Chelsea! I love his books too! My favourite romantic movie is the Notebook! Smiley love Would you use some quotes from his movies in your vows? Smiley smile That would be so cute! Do you watch romantic movies with your FH?

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE Nicholas Sparks! I have a ton of his books and my favourite movie of his would be a walk to remember... gets to me every time! His one book "The Guardian" - if that were made into a movie I would be so satisfied!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics