Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marsha
Devoted July 2022 Ontario

Payment schedule for vendors

Marsha, on October 21, 2020 at 10:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Are anyone of you brides to me getting married next year summer still following their payment schedules to your vendors? I have a hard time putting down another payment to my venue etc when there is so much uncertainty - What if I postpone until 2022 and now they have all my$$ for a whole year plus. What are you ladies doing?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 4, 2020 at 13:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venues and vendors will make exceptions unless they don't give a break for payments. Times are not easy to make the required amount payments understanding the situation every couple is in right now. There is hope for postponing payments saving more aside for next year for vendors.

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our vendor did adjust the payment schedule, but, our next payment is due this weekend for August 2021. We have already postponed twice due to Covid restrictions (original date June 20, then moved to Oct 30, then aug 6).....because we originally only had 2 more payments to make, they split up those two payments into 4 instalments starting this weekend and extending until 2 days before the wedding.
    They definitely would not alter it to next year, but they did split it up so it was a bit smaller and easier to digest.... our original payments were given in July and Dec of 2019😡
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really couldn't be happier with my venue so far. They have been amazing to work with.
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea we have a min head count when we booked. But even the min count is higher then the restrictions if they go back to 100 or 50. So we have to definitely talk to them about that as well.
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no way. That is a great venue to do that. Well I hope my venie will do same. We will be calling them to see.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But what amount are you paying? Typically final numbers don't go to the venue until two weeks before the event so are they locking you in for whatever head count you said you'll have initially?

Even if we wanted to pay our venue, we can't because we don't have a head count. Even if I tell them one today, that can literally change due to covid so they can't hold me to it.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue stopped all payments before we even asked about it. Which is great since we have decided to postpone an extra year. Our new contract has new dates for payments to come out that work with new date.
  • Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish that it was so for us. Our venue took post dated cheques 2nd payment is suppose to come out of our bank Feb 15th. Hoping to have them move it like April or May

• Marsha
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I spoke with my photographer and he is willing to move our next payment to March. Crossing fingers we know something by then. We now have to speak with the venue. My other 2 vendors dont need payment till 30 days b4 wedding date
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our vendors only have two payments, deposit and the final amount a week before/the day of the wedding. Our venue has a four payment schedule but have not asked for any payments beyond the initial deposit that was put down before the pandemic hit.

• Sarah
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of my vendors don’t require anymore payments until March at the earliest, for a July wedding. I hope by March we will have a better idea of what the summer is going to look like. I wonder if you explain the situation to your vendors they might be a bit understanding and adjust the amount or payment schedule.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics