Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Paige
Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba

Groomsmen Attire

Paige, on December 7, 2018 at 14:38 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18
I’m having trouble picking groomsmen shirts. A little background info, we are having a very casual wedding so the groom will be in a white bottom up with sleeves rolled and charcoal grey shorts. My maid of honour is a guy so I want him in the same but with a purple shirt to fit in with my bridesmaids who will be in floral dresses with light purple cardigans. My question is, what color top do I put the groomsmen in? White (match groom), purple (match girls and guy of honor), or pick another color from the girls dresses.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Paige, on December 19, 2018 at 16:03
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We got the dresses and my girls have finally had a chance to try them and they’re GORGEOUS. Not the best pic but I had to crop. Highly recommend! Also this girl wears a medium usually, ordered medium and it fit like a glove. The fabric feels like a nice cotton and will need ironing but definitely didn’t feel as cheap as their cost. SO excited

Groomsmen Attire 1
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with this!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would love to know how the dresses are. totally may have to order myself one. I LOVE amazon!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agreed! And love the idea of them wearing shorts!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do the groomsmen in shorts matching the groom and the white shirts with a purple tie to match the girls! Or purple suspenders!!
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazon Canada! $27-$35 (sizes changed the cost slightly but funnily enough the smaller size was more expensive). The reviews are great and it was free shipping/free returns so there’s no fear in ordering. I’ll definitely comment if they come and they’re awful lol. Should be in by the end of next week.

GRACE KARIN Fancy Women's Summer Swing Retro Dresses (L, Floral 21) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0721RXHS6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_j1VcCbJV2PKEV
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough, I'm having the same issue with mine in the standard suits lol.

If the man of honour is in the light purple, I think the darker purple hue in the dresses would match very well, or even the green!

• Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just want to pop in and say I LOVE that dress for the bridesmaids - where did you order them from?
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree that they should look different. Just struggling so much with how.
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is the bridesmaid dress and an example of the cardigan though I haven’t received the dresses yet to know if the color is right.

Groomsmen Attire 2

Groomsmen Attire 3
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree that the groom should look different (my groom's tux is navy with a white shirt, the groomsmen in are in all black), my bridesmaids are in navy (not matchy to the groom).

Do you have a photo of the floral dresses? What other colours are in the dress?

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think another shade of purple or a colour from the flowers. IMO, I don’t like when the groom looks identical to the groomsmen, so I wouldn’t have them in white.
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The girls are wearing a floral dress with a light purple flower in the pattern. They’ll wear a light purple cardigan. My thought was to have the guy of honor/brideman wear a light purple that hopefully matches the cardigans. So it’s like he’s one of the girls lol. So then I thought I can either have the groomsmen in another shade of purple, a different color from the flowers, or white but then they’d match the groom. Alternatively I suppose I could put the groom in a different color of shorts. (We were planning to have them all wear charcoal gray shorts.
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is your guy of honour is a darker purple? You could have the groomsmen in a lighter purple to match the cardigans that the ladies are wearing.
  • Paige
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Preferably no. It starts looking to formal. Our whole wedding has a very chill vibe (brunch, games - no dance) so I’m not a fan of adding anything. But I suppose we may not have a choice.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmmm..... Any chance of them wearing vests?

• Paige
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah yes, I should have mentioned, no one will be wearing ties or bow ties. I mean I suppose they could but it seemed odd to add them to groomsmen when the groom is very against wearing one. So the only distinction is shirts. Unless I give them pocket squares or something. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?! Lol
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would vote for the groomsmen to wear a white shirt but with a purple tie that matches the bridal party. Just make sure it's not the same as the Groom. (You can make it a different colour for the groom or have bow ties vs regular.)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics