Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lauren
Curious August 2019 Saskatchewan

Anyone with an rcmp dad?

Lauren, on April 26, 2019 at 21:41 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 8
My mum keeps asking what I want my dad to wear to walk me down the aisle. He is in the rcmp so there is the option of him wearing his red Serge. It looks amazing but our wedding isnt super formal so hes worried he will be too dressy. Has anyone else been to a wedding where the fob wore his red Serge?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Lauren, on June 2, 2019 at 12:09
  • Lauren
    Curious August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have decided he will wear his less formal red Serge to walk me down the aisle and for a couple family photos, then he will change into a regular suit at the venue (we have a farmhouse rented) while we do photos with my fiances family, then will finish our family photos once he has changed. He will wear a regular suit for the reception and dance.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Did you decide yet??

My fiance is a police officer but doesn't want to wear her full dress uniform for the wedding so she is bringing it and when we do pictures she will change into that for some shots with me and her family and then change back.. Maybe if you're still not sure do that? or have him walk you down in his uniform and then change into something more casual after the ceremony.

• Katherine
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never been to a wedding where someone wore a Red Surge, but I think that is a wonderful idea! It would be stunning.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Lauren! What did you decide to do? Will he wear his Red Serge, at least for the ceremony?

• R
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! My fiancé is a member and the photos are beautiful. Keep in mind he needs to clear it with the powers that be (usually not an issue) and depending on the position he holds within the RCMP you may not be able to post them on social media! As for formality he could always change after into something more fitting. ☺️
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with what Erin suggested - Red Serge for the ceremony and then, if he wants, he can change for the reception. I don't think it'll look too formal, especially with his daughter by his side in a gorgeous gown!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like his red Serge wouldn't be too formal, people would understand that he's in the RCMP.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He could wear his red Serge for the ceremony and pictures and then change to a suit for dinner and reception. I think you when you picute in your head your dad walking you down the aisle or looking at your pictures in the future how do you see your dad dressed.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics