Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Sleep Talkers!

Stephanie, on July 27, 2018 at 13:50 Posted in Living together 0 13

Anyone else living with someone who talks in their sleep? Or is a sleep talker themself?

My husband and I didn't live together before, but I had never heard him talk. He talked every single night on our honeymoon, so I just thought he talks when he's in a new bed (I can't sleep very well in beds I'm not used to, so I just assumed this is what happens to him). But, he's continued to talk even after returning home.

Here are some I remember:

"I'll be there. Steph (inaudible mumbles). I'll be there."

"Did they teach you this in school?"

"Bubbles in a box. Thank you very much" Laughs.

"This is how you hook up a PS4 (inaudible sounds)"

"Thanks for letting me be a part of this" This one he said right before he woke up. He remembers he was dreaming about a photo shoot and thanked the photographers for letting him shadow them. He didn't realize he had said it out loud

13 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on August 8, 2018 at 17:51
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh yes my fiancé does this. It’s actually pretty hilarious. Two of my favourites: (He’s B and I’m A)

BSmiley surpriseh Jeezus Christ! (Loudly like something’s horribly wrong)

A:What?

B:The wall!

A:What wall?

B:The duvet cover wall! (He works in a furniture store and was apparently dreaming the wall was a mess)

&

A:You okay there? you’re feeling me up. (He’s grabbing running his hand down my side rather frantically)

B:I need to find the bread

A: The what?

B:The bread

It’s weird but I get a good laugh out of it when it happens. I’ve started a note in my phone with the ones that make me laugh so I can tell him about them in the morning.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH sleep talks/interacts, walks and has the occasional night terror. I've learned to sleep through most of it, but I'll sometimes have to calm him down or tell him to go back to bed in a stern voice.

I've been known to giggle in my sleep, which I find hilarious, but apparently it freaks my FH out haha.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé occasionally talks in his sleep, but it's not a regular thing. It's strange and hilarious, but creeps me out if we've watched a horror movie recently.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH talks in his sleep but so do I, I think I am worse then he is though. His snoring is definitely much worse for me. I grew up with my sister sleep talking though so I was used to it. I could have an entire conversation with her, like she would even sit up and not remember a thing.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am a huge sleep talker lol! It happens a lot when stressed or really tired and cant get sleep. its never anything bad that comes out well sometimes yell at him for not turning alarm off lmao but he does that a lot.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH does that too! I’m glad to hear about someone else as well! My fave story is him saying “Andie.... Andie” and I said “what?” And then he said “not you, the other Andie”... freaky
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha... That must have been a fun quirk to discover! Lol. I have never dated/lived with someone who talked in their sleep, til my fiance. He doesn't do it often, but when he does, it's hilarious. After 5.5 years of living together, we've had quite a few "sleep conversations"... sometimes I think he's awake and we go back and forth 2 or 3 times before I realize he's mumbling nonsense.

He also flails/throws elbows/punches sometimes.. Not hard, and definitely not on purpose, but I've woken up to an smack in the chest and an elbow to the spine... I wake him up and he immediately feels bad... but it's so weird!

I used to sleep walk as a kid apparently... Freaked my mom out because I'd walk to her room, and going down the hallway that direction there was only a couple feet difference between the hall to her room and the stairs.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've tried this! But it just wakes him up when I start talking! haha

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Once in a while, my fiancé will talk in his sleep - he usually falls asleep before me so when it happens, I usually catch it. It's the funniest things because I can usually talk back to him and we'll have a full nonsensical 'conversation'. He'll be fully asleep, but he'll answer questions if I ask them after he starts talking.

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm the one with the sleep talking/sleep paranoia haha. My poor husband has been woken up so many time by me shooting straight up in bed and telling him someone is in the house, or the one time i was dreaming there was a spider in the bed and started ripping the blankets off Smiley atonished.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Apparently I occasionally talk in my sleep and my husband does too. He once woke me up saying "Hillary Clinton!" very loudly.

Had this never happened when you stayed over with each other?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use to be a really bad sleep talker when I was younger! To the point of waking up friends because I started screaming about something hahah!

My dad said when I use to sleep in my moms bed with her (thunderstorms) he would come in and we would be talking to each other (except having 2 completely different conversations ahahah)

I feel like I'm better now! But I have lived on my own for years so who knows... sometimes I'll wake up when having a sleep over with the finace and start talking to him... half asleep so its usually a bunch on nonsense and he gets confused hahah!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee sometimes talks in his sleep. One he had just drifted off and said "Oh no". He dreamt he had dropped something. Other times he talks in his native language.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics