Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Rsvp's were due today!

Stephanie, on May 8, 2018 at 01:06 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Today was our deadline for RSVPs! We had 149 invited, 48 people said yes, 34 said no. Which, if my math is correct, is 55% of guests RSVP'd on time! I was actually expecting it to be higher! There are people who have told us they are coming (before the invitations were sent out) but didn't respond through our website.

Anyway, we have split up the list of no responses and I have now notified all my side to let us know. Got four more RSVPs tonight yet (so, technically they are in on time, they just needed a reminder!).

How did everyone else find responses for RSVPs?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 13, 2018 at 08:58
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Responses come in slow yet surely. Call the rest or email to remind them the deadline is arising and if they can in the next few days.

I had contact with family often and they responsed verbally. Others comfirmed and got the regrets way before the day which was perfect.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ummm.....Over half of our guests haven't responded and that was 8 days ago. We have also another thing where people are asking to bring their children even if they are teenagers and capable of looking after themselves or the biggest kicker was they are full grown adults and their spouses and i've never met them.....Talk about a free meal....

• Mira
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Mira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our deadline for RSVPing is May 15th and so far we’ve heard back from 91 guests out of 116 which isn’t too bad. We are very close to the capacity and set up we want, so hearing back from no’s earlier would help us to know our numbers better for sure, but we still have a few days left.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went our invitations a couple weeks ago, and so far we've had 28/122 RSVPs (23%). A few more people told us in person that they were coming or not, but haven't answered on our website yet (I know that some are waiting for the detailed menu, which should come in 2 weeks, after we've had our tasting).

The deadline is still far (July 4), but I'd like the answers to come faster. I don't think I'll be very patient with people who don't answer in time...

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to follow up with about 30% of our guest list, and we waited until a week after the RSVP deadline!! So annoying...

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're being MUCH nicer than I would be.

I'm literally calling people on June 2 (our RSVP deadline is June 1) and if they don't say yes then, I'm putting them down as a no.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our deadline is June 1, so still have a bit to go.

We've heard back from 73% of our invited peoples. We invited 79 people and have like 53 yeses and 6 nos.

I have a feeling I'll have to chase up the remaining 20 responses if they haven't sent them in by now.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the only person who didn't RSVP on our website was my nana because she doesn't have a computer. We did have to chase down a few people but I think that is normal.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our deadline was April 9th and are STILL waiting on one of his family members to respond. I'm to the point where I'm going to tell them that we have to put them in as a no. Tomorrow is 1 month until the wedding. We've spoken to them numerous times about it and they keep asking us to continue to wait. Heck no! You're turning me into a bridezilla. I think it's so rude when people do this.

• Jaime
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Jaime ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Only 2 out of our 74 guests actually RSVP. I’ve had to call all of them and find out that way. Also I had to extend some of them for those who had special reasons.

Keep your our hopes up and stay positive
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our deadline is June 1 and so far we have 59 out of 110 confirmed. They’re coming in slow and it’s driving me nuts but I’m just going to have to be patient lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics