Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

Return address stamp

Stefanie, on January 17, 2020 at 12:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Has anyone ordered a return address stamp? If so where from and how did it turn out? I am thinking I will be hand addressing all our invitations but I thought the stamp for the back of the envelope would be nice.
Thanks!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Gloria, on January 20, 2020 at 23:47
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The place I ordered my
    Invites from already does it on both... the actual invite and the RSVPs. The address and name of the person receiving the invites I’m getting a calligrapher to do.
  • M
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Msss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hand wrote both the addresses and the return address on our STD and I wasn't very happy with how it turned out but I let it go. (I am a bit of a fuss pot about details sometimes). I then decided that I would either purchase a stamp or stickers for the return address in the future. I recently purchased return address stickers from Vistaprint and I really like them. They provide a preview, which is another feature I like about their service. Smiley smile

• Sharla
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Sharla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered ours from Staples. They had LOTS of different design options. I went with a rubber stamp so we could switch up ink color if we wanted to. I only regret getting it aligned with the left instead of cantered!
  • Rachel
    Beginner October 2020 British Columbia
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I self addressed our RSVP envelopes from the place I bought them, only because they are burgundy and you need white ink to print on that.

I bought a stamp from Zazzle for the return address on the invitation envelopes. I friggen LOVE IT. I even used it on my christmas cards this year too. I was just about to order another one with our new last name on it!

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You can change all the fonts on vista print to whatever you wish!

Instead of ordering labels I just ordered envelops from them with our address printed on already.
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies! I think I am going to go ahead and just do labels myself and save the cost of the stamp.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just did labels for our invites. It was a little easier than stamping all of them and making sure they are in the right spots.

A stamp would be super cute. Like Amelia said, you can check etsy, but it may be a little pricey

• Stacey
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made my own design in Photoshop and had them printed with Vistaprint - they turned out great and match our theme perfectly!
  • S
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine was just basic lettering, but I think you could get ones that had a little monogram or design in the corner as well. I can't remember all the options but I'm happy with the one we got!
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Does the one from vista print have fancy writing?I looked briefly on their website but they seemed to be pretty basic block lettering.
  • S
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a stamp for about $5-10 from Vista print on black Friday! Planning on using it for invites, thank yous, and I've already used it for a couple other non-wedding pieces of mail like Christmas cards. I made sure to only put our first names since I'll be changing my name after we get married
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my labels from vista print and they match the theme of my stationary for the rest of the wedding! They were also really reasonable and they always have a sale going
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our Save the Dates - I used a clear label/sticker with my address on them, in case they didn't get delivered properly or someone had moved and not told me.

For our invites, our invitation lady is putting our addresses right on the envelopes.

I think ordering a stamp might get pricey? At least on Etsy they seem to be.

• Natasha
    Devoted May 2021 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Got my invites from minted. Addressing was included expect return address were like $10 I think? I had left over Avery labels from engagement party so I used those instead Smiley smile they were plain but the template does allow you to add a graphic or monogram if you wanted
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered return labels from vista print they were super cheap!

• M
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Monika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my return address stamp from etsy

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/507384234/return-address-stamp-self-inking-address?ref=reviews

LOVE IT! It was definitely worth it.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Return address can be many forms:

1. Stamps though If you do move, they are no good any longer.

2. Labels which can be placed on the back of the envelope given the colours you like and font chosen. This is the option I went with Vistaprint creating of the wedding cards.

3. Printed by the company chosen of the wedding card or site. The charge may apply if your budget allows it.

Return address stamp 1

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of the places where you can order invites will have either printed envelopes or you can order stickers. You can get plain ones or get them to match your invitation designs!

Etsy would sell custom stamps but you would spend a lot more than you would on stickers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics