Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leanna
Curious September 2019 Alberta

Lip Color Recommendations

Leanna, on September 13, 2018 at 15:33 Posted in Beauty 0 9

What are you planning on using for a lip stick/stain on the day of your wedding? I have tried several brands from Sephora (NARS, Makeup Forever, Too Faced) and none of them are working for me. They either don't last long enough, or don't have the right shades to match what I'm going for - more of a darker nude/mauve color. Everything comes out too pink. What do you recommend that is long lasting and won't transfer. Thanks!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tyanna, on September 27, 2018 at 08:24
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try Nude by Nature! They sell it at shoppers and its unreal! I have 2 of their lipsticks and their lip primer and the colour stays on for at least a couple of hours. I have "blush nude" and "riberry and love them both.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try Jeffree Starr! I'm wearing a Liquid Lipstick from his line on my day! I wore it to the CNE and it stayed on for at least 12 hours (through singing, sweating buckets and eating pizza and churros), and still looked bomb at the end of the day! It's reasonably priced too ($18) and there is a HUGE shade range!

• Adamay
    Beginner August 2019 California
    Adamay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The brand that I've been really loving and wear almost daily is Dose of Colors liquid lipstick and they typically have darker, neutral tones. I'm from the US so I don't know how accessible it is in Canada but I would definitely give them a try!

Kat Von D is a great alternative too Smiley smile

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smashbox’s matte liquid lipstick. They stay all day (I’ve worn them through some meals and they’re still solid!)
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would go with Kat Von D or Stilla! If you want a darker lip in recommend checking out Lolita by Kat Von D.
  • Alissa
    Frequent user September 2020 British Columbia
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    ... lol sorry thats "pure hollywood" my bad. Can't figure out how to delete or edit my other comment sorry for bombarding you haha
  • Alissa
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    ALSO anastasia beverly hills liquid lipstick "true hollywood" is a GORGEOUS mauve-nude that has ridiculous staying power. But its a little hard to find as its usually out of stock.
  • Alissa
    Alissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    MAC - 'velvet teddy' matte lipstick.. its my go-to nude.. paired with a matching liner and setting spray it sticks on pretty well. I was once in a diverse bridal party where the bride required every bridesmaid to wear it and it suited every single person.. I am yet to see it look bad on someone.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Matte liquid lipstick! Personally, I have about 5 or 6 colours from the L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Liquid Lipstick collection, they also just released a "Chocolat" collection with more colours.

I put that stuff on, it lasts all day. Even with eating/drinking.

If they don't have a colour you're wanting/liking, I would maybe look at the Kat Von D liquid lipstick collection. That's were I'll be looking next, as I want more of a berry/purple nude colour.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics