Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ellen
Curious October 2019 Ontario

In Memory

Ellen, on December 31, 2017 at 11:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

Hi!

I am looking for some suggestions on how to create an in Memoriam piece for my wedding, it is very important for me to have this, I am just looking for a unique way to do it.

Any suggestions?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on January 15, 2018 at 17:52
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that idea!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also had a memorial piece at our wedding.. we had it at the front table with the guest book. We found a photo display at winners and then the middle photo was a nice saying. We also included the names on our wedding programs.

26695115_10159926679015714_388566597_o.j

• Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to have a little table with a sign to remember the grandparents that have passed away along with a photo of each and a candle holder with fairy lights in it.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I recently went to the Canada Bridal Show and one of the florists there was handing out roses that she had monogrammed. After seeing this I am thinking that I am going to get a bouquet with the name of those we want to include in our memorium space and but the bouquet at the cake or the guest book table at the reception Smiley smile
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really want to do this as well as 5 years ago I lost my grandmother in the spring and my sister in the fall. Going on 4 years ago I lost my grandfather and these are all people I wish could be there. My FH has grandparents I wish to honour as well but he said its not a funeral but he's open to tasteful ways of representing this. I found wooden angel wings but my fiance is not religious whatsoever so religious sayings are out of the question but I love angel wings. My grandma has always been my guardian angel. I'm thinking different picture frames with us and them would be a great way or their wedding pictures might be nice. I plan on getting a ornamental little picture frame for my bouquet with my grandma and my sister in it.

• Sashanette
    Curious April 2019 Ontario
    Sashanette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really like this idea. I was going to do something similar. Have a reserved seat at the ceremony with a bouquet of flowers on it. I do like the picture idea better
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought a beautiful lantern and led candle and are planning on putting framed photos around it with something that says "this lantern is lit in loving memory of those who couldn't be here today"
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those ideas are very nice and memorable.
    A note with the guest book was a way remember our family and my husband's parents.

In Memory 1
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am including a flower for my grandmothers in my bouquet. A lily after my maternal grandmother whose middle name was Lillian and a glad for my paternal grandmother whose name was Gladys.

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since we just lost my grandfather 2 months ago, we are MOST definitely having a memoriam piece for him. We were so close, that his loss still hurts, and what we are doing for this will be saving him a seat in the ceremony with a picture of his. Also I love the idea of having a picture of him in my bouquet. At the reception, i'll have a picture of him and I on the table. He was a big part of my life and I can't imagine not having something there to remember him by.

• Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can always talk to your florist about having small broaches or photos in your bouqet/on the stem and on his lapel.

Im putting a vase at a small table at the front with our loved ones favourite flowers so that they have a seat, and it’s very private to us and not particularly noticeable. We’ll have a photo with our rings in front of it with a little ‘wish you were here’ sign so that post wedding we can show that we had them with us
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will have a seat "reserved" for his Nana.
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You could always do something small that you will recognize as a way to remember, empty chair (sans the picture), a trinket of sorts that can be incorporated or worn, a simple cheers to those who couldn't make it or a sign that states you acknowledge them but perhaps without a photo. Its the thought and memory that counts, the significance is still there but doesn't have to be so much that people feel sad, especially if it's recent.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are worried about upsetting our families by having our 'in memory' piece so we are just putting photos of our grandparents at the head table where only we will see them, plus this is a little more intimate of a memoriam for us.

• Ellen
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Ellen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am looking for something like that, my concern however is I do not want it to be too sad. I have a family member who is very unwell and there is a high chance he will no longer be with us at the time of our wedding. So I am looking for a way to remember him, along with grandparents that we have both lost, without making people upset or sad on a day that is supposed to be happy and full of joy.

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to have a table with a sign saying something like “we know you would be here if heaven wasn’t so far away” and then have pictures and a candle burning. I’m also going to have a vase there for my bouquet to go in.
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I LOVE this idea of reserving seats.. At least one. Its such respectful and powerful statement.

My mom's best friend passed away and I got two of her bridesmaids dresses. Ill be choosing one as my main color and making it into a sash and/or wedding ring pillow. This is a pretty specific idea but I thought I'd share.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My friend did something similar. She bought a frame that had pictures side by side. She put the names in one frame and the picture in the frame beside it. She didn't have a sign explaining it, but everyone knew what it was. She placed it on the card table so it was near the entrance of the reception hall.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like Holly’s idea! Depending on the type of ceremony you’ll be having, you could also “reserve a seat” at the ceremony for loved ones who have passed.

In Memory 2
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue has an old door they made into something that we can put pictures on and decorate, so we plan to use that. They also have a sign that says something about remembering the ones we love that cannot be with us.

In Memory 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics