Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Finish The Sentence: I knew they were “the one” when _____.

Lynnie, on September 2, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 26

When did you know that your fiancé(e) was the one for you? Smiley heart Did you have a "lightbulb" moment when you realized it? Or did it slowly and steadily sneak up on you??

Finish the sentence!

Finish The Sentence: I knew they were “the one” when _____. 1

Next Question: My wedding playlist must include _____!

Back to the Beginning: Finish The Sentence!

26 Comments

Latest activity by Brittani, on October 22, 2019 at 08:46
  • Brittani
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Brittani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both knew very quickly, and the first time we said "I love you" we were both half-asleep, so I thought it was a dream! Turned out to be real Smiley smile

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I started to snuggle into her because I'm not a touchy feely person

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't remember! I think I knew by our 1-year anniversary.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew he was the one after we both went through some rough patches, and we truly became a team.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew he was the one when I couldn't live my life without him and I felt peace just by being near him.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both just felt a connection right away. So it's hard to pick a moment. I think we both just knew.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It wasn't like anything had in the past- he was completely honest and could be 100% with him and no judgement

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had only been dating for a few months and I went away for a study abroad for two months in Europe. I knew he was The One when he took a week off work to come visit me!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I knew he was "the one" when he turned me down after our first date Smiley tongue

He said we would be better off as friends and I have never felt so out of place and like this wasn't how the story was supposed to end.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A week before we started dating he sent me the sweetest text ever. We had spent the day together and I mentioned that I always would think I'd look up to see stars in the sky and they would turn out to be planes. Shortly after I got home he sent me a text that even 10 years later I remember word for word "The stars are out, look outside I promise they're not moving".

It sounds really early since we weren't even dating yet but I knew we would be together forever after that

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I knew he was the one the first time he kissed me. We had been chatting over the phone for weeks (we met on okcupid). Finally he managed to drive an hour to come meet me in person. I was so nervous I wouldn't look at him. He came and stood in front of me and lifted my head up and kissed me. (This was not presumptuous of him just so you know it was very much talked about in our phone conversations about how we were very interested in each other). Anyways it was a magical moment for both of us. Two and a half years later here we are getting married. (Sorry for the tangent)
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's sounds weird, but I knew he was the one almost immediately after we met in person. By that point, we had know each other for two years and had become best friends online. Our in-person chemistry was the last piece of the puzzle.

We let the next number of years living together be our experiment for whether we could go the distance. We've been together eight years now, but I was ready to get married definitely after Year 5. I let him come to the decision himself -- I didn't want there to be any pressure for him. We're three weeks married now, and we couldn't be happier!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It crept up on me for sure. At some point over the last 9 years I just realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

• Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I got to know him better, and I felt that we just "got" each other. I realized that I could be myself around him and vice versa.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really don’t know.. we’ve been together so long and it just keeps getting better, even after nine years together. he’s just always been “the one”, my one and only
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It snuck up on me. There wasn’t a lightbulb moment
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never really knew. I just fall more and more in love with him each day.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a specific moment but after our first date I thought I wanted to marry him
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't remember having one moment where I knew. It has just being there for each other no matter what
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can’t say it was a “lightbulb” moment, I think it was little things over time that had me saying he definitely is the one.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I went to Disney World with my family and I spent the whole trip texting him because I was missing him.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When he said he liked cats 😂 I don’t actually think I had a moment. It took a while to build a relationship.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He made a commitment to accept us moving forward being aware of a situation I was in at the time. It was truthfully talked about to know we both being in a position of where we are and how we took the next step.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think I had an “ah ha” moment. It was a bunch of little things he did over time that led me to believe he was the one!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I knew he was the one when he gave me a promise ring after only dating for 6 months
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew my FH was the one 2 months into dating. I went home for Christmas and it was the first time I missed an S/O for the 2 weeks I was gone. I did a LD with an ex for 4 months because of a summer job placement and there were times where I missed him, but with my FH it was a different feeling - I imagined us together for Christmases in the future when we'd have kids around the tree. I remember crying with my mom on Christmas Eve and telling her even though I just started dating this guy, I felt like he was The One. I told her I felt like I was supposed to meet him and end up with him.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics