Associate Photographer | Second Shooter
Jessica and I met many years ago when she reached out to me to gain direction in making a career in photography. A few years later we re-connected when I documented her sisters wedding. I had needed a second photographer for a wedding I was shooting and she was keen. I was so excited when I saw that her raw images and style were very similar to mine and that she got all the right angles and moments without error. I trust her implicitly, she's an incredible asset to my team and I'm thrilled when she's available for me since her own business is blossoming!
More about Jessica...
Living with her husband in Elmira – a quaint little town just north of Waterloo. She loves sleeping in, Netflix bingeing, jewelry-making and cuddling with their two adorable cats. But most of all, She loves taking pictures! She's always had a camera in hand and a passion for capturing moments in time. Over the years, she's honed her skills and techniques through her various travels and photo gigs. She was married just recently, so she know what it feels like to be on the other side of the camera.
Sarah and I met in 2018 when she was a model on a styled bridal shoot I was photographing. She was amazing in front of the camera and I could tell had a great passion for photography and posing. When I asked her to fill in for a shoot as an assistant she instantly took on the roll like she knew exactly what needed to be done. The on-going joke is all my weddings are "Six Degrees of Sarah Weins" since she seems to know at least one person at every wedding we do together! Sarah assists me at all of my Saturday/Sunday Niagara weddings!
More about Sarah....
She grew up in Niagara Falls and currently lives in Niagara on the Lake
Celebrating 7 years of marriage to her husband Dylan, and a mother to Oliver, Sophie, Molly and Jack.
Not to mention Binoo and Badge her pug and German shepherd.
She is always in the mood for spinach dip and nachos
Graduate of Niagara college and an Educational Assistant across the Niagara Region
A lover of everything Llama
A strong Bachelor/Bachelorette addiction.
A true romantic
I honestly forget how I met Wayne, I feel like I've known him my whole life but it's only been a couple of years. I know his wife as she makes my dogs look pretty but I think he and I met maybe through Instagram. Regardless, we hit it off right away and became fast friends and colleagues. He and I have worked together on several weddings, projects and events. His cinematic films are the perfect compliment to my style and galleries that I deliver to my clients. If cinematography is in your budget I highly recommend booking Wayne for your special day.
More about Wayne...
According to him, a great night for Wayne is a good movie, cold glass of milk and freshly baked Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies.
Working in mainstream media throughout his life, he's always held a camera in tow. With his vibrant personality and infectious smile it's no surprise that in his previous career he was a T.V. and Radio personality.
Film making is about the art for him, it's about making a wedding film which tells your authentic story.
Barb and I were High-school besties who recently re-connected when she hired me to take her family photos in 2018!
She has a passion for photography and expressed an interest in working with me! She came out with me in 2019 and was such an incredible help with her keen eye for detail. We work so great together so she came on board as one of my regular assistants! Barb lives in Woodstock and will assist me on all weddings in the Grimsby/Hamilton GTA.
More about Barb...
She is a passionate archer and lover of everything outdoors.
Proud team member and ambassador for Rise Outdoor Apparel Company™️
Taco lover and wannabe top chef!
You can find her sharpening her skills with archery, hunting, trap shooting, offshore fishing, river fishing as well as photography.
She always has her camera ready to shoot!
Lead Photographer | Owner
Hi, I'm Krysta!
Thank you for taking the time to get to know me a bit better. So here's the deal, I'm not going to bore you with long paragraphs on why I do what I do or how I got here. After all, you have a wedding to plan! So let me break it down for you!
• I've been with my hubby for 15 years, married for 5! His name is Chris, YUP, we basically have the same name. We are cheesy like that!
• I have been a professional photographer for 15 years!
• I loved doing weddings so much that I quit my awesome government day job 2 years ago to go all in! SIDE NOTE- Scariest moment but also, BEST. DECISION. EVER!
• We LOVE to travel! By far my fave destination to date has been Iceland. But other fave locations- Prague, Italy, Saint Maarten The West Coast of Canada! We always travel in late winter and late fall.
• We don't get much downtime but when we do, we NETFLIX HARD! I basically love any and all the shows with good casting and writing, but my faves are the nerdy ones like Supernatural, GOT, Walking Dead and Silicon Valley.
• Fave food is definitely Mexican, but I love anything with loads of flavor, Indian, Thai, Greek! Ok now I'm hungry!
• I am a mega EXTROVERT! I have zero fear about being in the spotlight or performing in front of large crowds. It's actually where I am most at ease. This really comes in handy when doing family portraits at weddings.
• I am a BIG TIME overachiever/people pleaser. Give me all the gold stars! I will never leave you un-happy!
• I eat problems for breakfast! Ok but really, I love solving problems for people! We even carry an "Oh-Shit Kit" on the day of your wedding filled with solutions to any and all problems that may come up on your special day! You need it, we got it!
• I am a doggy mama, I have a young Sheepadoodle named River and a little old lady Bichon-poodle named Layla. They are goofballs and also my everything, well, after Chris of course.
• I recently became a runner! I ran my first 5k in May of 2019! Running on the trail has become my happy place.
• I am a singer, I actually performed in a professional covers band called Savvy with my hubby for over a decade. I took a break from music when I went all-in on my photography business 3 years ago.
• Most would describe me as bubbly and high-energy. In a very real way, I love to motivate people and to help them feel good always! That's why I also dabble in business/life coaching during my downtime.
• Weddings are my jam! Being a part of a couples day, celebrating their love seriously brings me so much joy that it doesn't even feel like work. I truly LOVE my job and am so lucky that I get to do this for a living!
• I'm a mentor for Big Brothers Big Sisters! It was something that I always wanted to do and in 2019 I finally became a big sis to a super rad 16-year-old!
• I come from amazing genes. I'm almost 40 and many say I look in my late twenties! My grandmother is 85 and looks not a day over 50! WOOT WOOT!
• I mostly do not like being in front of the camera. I wish I was better at taking self-portraits on my DSLR cause I'm super critical of how others capture me. See I totally get you!