About Castlefield Design
Sophie Taylor is the Toronto-based graphic designer behind Castlefield Design. She has 15+ years of experience creating designs in a variety of styles for clients worldwide. Castlefield specializes in creating luxury wedding and event invitations, distinctive brand identities, and eye-catching patterns, creating couture designs to tell your unique story.
Design services include:
Printing can be arranged as well, including gold foil, die cutting, laser cutting, letterpress, colored edges, and packaging.
Couples have also viewed:
2 Reviews for Castlefield Design
2 User photos
Samantha Walker · Married on 16/05/2020
Communication issues, over quote, problem with final product
Weddingwire has been a great resource for me as I plan my wedding. The one vendor I used without weddingwire recommendation was this one and I felt it my duty to leave a review, especially since when I voiced my complaints to the vendor she first responded denying the issues and when I proved them politely, she ignored that email.
Now I've finally received the invitations and they have an obvious flaw, which is insult to injury given the overall experience. I'll summarise briefly below
- I asked for a specific invitation style from the designer's online portfolio and was given a price range. I paid the deposit
-the first design comes back, it's different from the original. Confused, I ask for the original...bad start, but I've already paid at this point...
- after a few rounds I'm happy with the design and it goes to printing (I've added accommodation info on the back, zoomed in the castle image a bit, added more flowers to the border, and the size and style are defaulted to the of the original design otherwise, so pretty simple given these are custom invitations I'm paying for.
- I'm told printing will be double what I was quoted for because of the accommodation info (doesnt make sense that when printing an invitation, envelope design, and rsvp card that an additional side on the invitation card would double the overall price but this is what im told).
- im also sent a link to purchase envelopes for an additional $77 on amazon. Confusing, as on her portfolio the design includes beautiful envelopes in the ink colour of the invitation, with a similar design printed on the inside flap. I'm told these plain white envelopes are the only ones that will fit the invitation size (then how were the ones on the website made?!?!)
- stuck, I work with the printer (who forgets to add all the tax and so when I'm finally charged it's another $30 on my credit card higher than the invoice I approved, which stresses me out since I have no trust at this point, as I've already been charged an additional $250 that I've now paid from the original quote.
- I get the invitations, ready to put this behind me and realize that part of the design on the front page of the invitation card is erroneously half printed on the backside, on every single invitation. I check the original mock ups and there it is hidden in the middle of the castle design in the bottom center.
When I reviewed the mock ups I was focused on the spelling of the text I had given the designer. It never occurred to me that she was capable of such a stupid mistake, and it didnt jump out at me until I saw the hard copies. It was 100% something that should not have been there, as it was part of the design of the border surrounding the text on the front page.
Sent on 20/02/2020
Castlefield Design's reply:Hi Samantha,
Jackie Demmer · Married on 04/01/2020
The BEST experience!
Sophie designed save the dates, wedding invitations, shower invitations and most impressively a custom crest for us to use throughout all of the different elements of our wedding. Her style is 100% up my alley and I couldn't find anything or anyone else comparable online or near me in MI. The wedding planning process is far more stressful than I ever would have expected, especially when paying extra attention to every little detail. Sophie is so easy to work with, so professional & caring, beyond helpful and so much more. She has been one of the only people across all sorts of different wedding vendors who has truly understood me and my vision and not wanted to take the easy way out or not fully listen. I continue to ask her questions that are in no way her responsibility to answer because she has proven to be such a valuable resource and wealth of knowledge. When plenty of other vendors told me "no", she offered me solutions, continued to work with me and delivered my exact vision. She will work odd hours and not stop working until you are 1000% happy with whatever she is creating for you. I could not speak more highly of her & can assure you if you're considering working with her that you definitely should. She will not disappoint. If you are hesitant to work with someone online instead of local, don't be. I don't typically write reviews, but felt impelled to because she has been that exceptional. Thank you Sophie for everything! We can't wait to send out our wedding invitations.Sent on 20/02/2020
Businesses who collaborate with Castlefield Design
Location of Castlefield Design