Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Writing Vows

Amanda, on October 20, 2020 at 11:59 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 18

Brides & Grooms - Let me start off by saying, I hope you are hanging in there. I know this is a tough time for a lot of people and I hope you are staying strong individually and as a team with your partner...

That being said, as "negative" as COVID-19 has been to us, I am getting more time with my FH, and learning new things about him since we have SO MUCH time together lol. My Wedding date is not until June 2021, but some moments and little things are really making me want to start writing my vows early... Is anyone else falling more in love with their partner during COVID, or are you getting more irritated, because trust me I have those days too lol

What are your plans for your Vows? Will you be writing it all out before the wedding? Will you be making points and notes as time comes closer? Will you write them ahead of time?

I am eager to hear how everyone is planning to write their vows or HOW they did, if you are already married?

Can't wait to hear Smiley heart

18 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on November 25, 2020 at 14:09
  • Jessica
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh good, I am glad we are not alone on this haha

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I spoke for us both.
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I do agree!
    Did you both speak for the speeches at the receptions or did you take the lead on that?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our vows were the tradition civil being simple and easy than to put my husband through public speaking of personal vows. Its nice that couples who don't have fear of public speaking do their vows being sentimental.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am so sorry you had to postpone, but so happy you are still over the moon about getting married, and falling more in love everyday! Wishing you the very best when your day finally arrives!! Smiley love

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

EEEKKK I love this Hank... You are going to make your other half MELTTTTT Smiley heart

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES! We are falling more and more in love everyday with each other - we didn't think it was possible Smiley smile

OMG i'm so excited about our vows Smiley smile We are definitely writing them ourselves (i'm wayyyyy more excited about that then he is) - he isn't that great at public speaking but other than that, he wants to write his own.

Since our full wedding ceremony and reception was supposed to be this December, we were both partially done but then we stopped because we postponed back in July. We are still legally getting married this December but we are saving our vows until next year Smiley smile

• Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I’m so excited!!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are going with just the traditional vows. It's just not who we are to write our emotions on paper.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be doing my own vows but it won't go off from a template because I want it to feel more like me personally speaking the words. I also won't be personally writing them down and reading them, nor would I memorize a set because I'll likely come off as rigid and my public speaking style is more free flow and relaxed. It'll also allow me to maintain eye contact with the bride.

Curious as to how long everyone's vows will be. I'm trying to aim for a minute.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love that idea as well, and that way you can be very intimate !
    I love that & congratulations on your engagement ! Smiley laugh

• Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely falling more in love! We actually got engaged during Covid, back in April! My fiancé doesn’t want to write our own vows because he doesn’t love the idea of everyone hearing him spill out his heart and be vulnerable so we’ve compromised and we will be writing each other letters for the morning of instead!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am also very excited about writing them - I have been slowly writing portions of it so I don't forget some feeling that I want to capture just like the everyday moments that we often take for granted.

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is amazing how you mentioned falling more in love with your partner during this time! It's a fantastic way of looking at it, and nothing wrong with getting to know more about the person you'll be spending forever with.

I have always wanted to write my own vows, so I've had to convince my FH as well. We aren't getting married until May, but I am always thinking about it! Can't wait to have everyone know how much he means to me.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! I am so happy you followed your heart on writing your own. I am going to do the same.
    I have also been looking at templates and its helping A LOT, but I really don't know how I am going to keep my vows short because there is so much I want to say lol

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH also wats standard vows, but I am a Women of many words and would love to do our own.
    I am glad you both agree on one style though! Smiley smile

• Clauds
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Clauds ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I wrote our own vows. Although initially I thought about just reading standard ones, but he was insistent we write our own. Now looking back I'm so happy we wrote them! Really made our microceremony more special and now we have our vows to always remember that day.

I started writing mine maybe a couple months before our ceremony? I first found a template for the style of vow I wanted to write, then slowly filled my own words.

I found it useful to write a bit in advance as I was able to modify it as new thoughts came to mind (and many did)! It also allowed me to read it over many times so that I would be more comfortable reading them out loud in front of people.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will just go with standard vows. I cant see me or FH writing our own. Its just not who we are.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics