Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Worried About Bridesmaid Dress Choice

Meghan, on January 30, 2019 at 16:10 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

I'm having a bit of a (potentially unnecessary) panic and just need to...babble haha
I have four bridesmaids- one lives in another province, one just had twins and the other two are always super busy with work. My engagement is only 7 months long so that didn't leave a lot of time to go bridesmaid dress shopping all together, and trying to get at least the 3 that live in Ontario together at the same time would be a logistical nightmare so I decided to get the TwoBirds bridesmaid dress since it only comes in two sizes and you can style it a million different ways. I let them know this ahead of time and they agreed with that idea. I went for the 'Short Straight' option which falls just below the knee but now I'm worried that they will be cold during outdoor pictures- I get married April 27th and at that time of the year it could be pretty cold, or we could get lucky and it could be warm....part of me wishes that I went with the longer version for them...but I do love the short straight version that I DID end up going with.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on January 31, 2019 at 14:23
  • Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all for the support! I really appreciate it and I do feel more confident in the decision I made. The dresses are really nice and I think the pashmina will definitely help if needed. And you are right, we wont be outside for very long- just a few pictures...everything else will be indoors.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was MOH in a Toronto wedding in November. The bride chose short dresses, but gifted us with shawls. We were only outside briefly for photos, and the shawls worked throughout the evening!

Stick with your choice, and be confident in your decision. Ontario's so hit or miss about weather during that time of year, but the shawls may help!

• Leanna
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Leanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go with your gut! If you like the short dresses, stick to that. Like everyone says there are ways to keep warm. Trying to plan for the weather can be stressful, but at the end of the day you can only control so much.

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes I wanted to get myself one of the dresses when I ordered them...they are amazing! and super comfy too

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was a bridesmaid in a wedding at the end of april. 2 days before the wedding we got a frost, small snowfall. by the Saturday it was warm enough.

honestly. as long as they have a pashmina. or the ability to go back into the limo in between photos. they will be fine.

stick with the short. i have 2 of those tie/infinity dresses. and they are AWESOME! i love mine!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes that's true! Last year at that time it was warm and sunny, here's hoping this year is the same!
    Weddingstar.ca has pashminas on sale so just now I ordered those, just in case.
    Thank you Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

April can be so nice some years though! That style will look nice and there are mentioned of previous comments about the pashminas, they look really nice in photos!

• Meghan
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks guys Smiley smile blankets/pashminas are a good idea! I'll make sure to have those on hand for the girls- plus you are right, they did agree to the length. Fingers crossed its a warm and sunny day!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

April can be tricky, but you already got the dress and the bridesmaids agreed to it!

You can get them blankets/pashminas to wear if you are worried about it being cold for them.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't stress too much, end of April can be beautiful you may be very thankful. Also like Peggy said if they are calling for colder weather have blankets or something around as a back up.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My suggestion is - go with the short version, BUT make sure you have options to keep everyone warm during pictures. Plan to bring blankets to wrap the girls in!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics