Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brianna
Curious September 2020 Ontario

Working with vendors re: covid changes

Brianna, on September 1, 2020 at 10:11 Posted in Ontario 0 8

Is anyone else having contract issues with their wedding bands. Due to COVID, we had to cancel our live band, but are still keeping the DJ service they were going to provide for ceremony/ background music. We already paid them the $2000 deposit and were going to pay another $2000 for the DJ service and live band. When we asked to cancel (months ago) we were told they would keep the $2000 deposit. Once we found out we could go ahead with out (much smaller and different) wedding, we decided to have them come and work off the $2000 with DJ services. They are now telling us we are on the hook for the full Live band amount. Our venue/ county/ government has told us ABSOLUTELY no live bands. I dont want to pay another $2000 for nothing.

Is anyone else having these issues? how did you resolve this? the rest of our vendors have been AMAZING during this time.

Please let me know.

thanks

8 Comments

Latest activity by Alex, on September 20, 2020 at 06:25
  • Brianna
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh this is great. We have worked it out with our band. We still cant have a band (that's more of a venue/ county restriction) but we will hopefully get to dance!

Thank you though!

• C
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Working with vendors re: covid changes 1
    You can dance at your wedding with restrictions..This email from Doug Ford may help..
  • Brianna
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks!! I was also trying to figure out a chair rental issue with my venue, so getting this win feels good!!

Once day at a time!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOOHOOOO!!! I call that a win as well, although there should have been NO attitude at all. UGH some of these Vendors don't consider what the Brides and Grooms are going through and only thinking of their end of the stick even though they will end up getting SO MUCH business coming up with all the back logged weddings.
    Frustrating lol - I am so happy you got your way though! Smiley smile

• Brianna
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So... After telling them I WILL NOT be giving them any more money, they called me today.

He has thought it over and decided "it is best if he gives me my way on this one".

So i will be getting DJ services for the money already spent, and will not owe him anymore.

Besides the attitude, I will call that a win!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes please do!
    Good Luck ! Smiley smile

• Brianna
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I 100% agree. Luckily I used to work at a law firm for 4 years and still have a few lawyer friends in contract law.

I told the vendor I WILL NOT pay anymore money.

I'll keep you posted.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would DEFINITLEY put up a fight for that. You can state to them that its not that you don't want to do it, its the fact that its NOT ALLOWED due to government restrictions. That you are still giving them business by having them DJ and that you will NOT pay the extra for the band that the government stated you CAN NOT have. This is not YOUR fault.

I would argue until the end with them. That is really frustrating, and we aren't talking $100. its $2000.00 Freaking dollars!!!! I wouldn't pay it to be honest with you. I would go to the point of threatening media attention if they don't accept the DJ services and that's it. like you are STILL giving them business. UGH. I feel for you girl!

Let me know what happens !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics