Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
British Columbia

Word of Caution - Learn From My Mistake!

Brittany, on October 3, 2018 at 21:10 Posted in Beauty 0 8
Hello my fellow brides!!
You know how many articles/lists will say for your pre-wedding ritual (the night before your wedding) to use a "tried and true face mask"... please remember, "tried and true" is an extremely important detail.
I sometimes use "Still Spa Essentials" face masks from Walmart. Usually they are great! I've never had a problem. So a couple weeks ago I looked and saw they had a new "self warming pumpkin & ginger mask". I was so excited to try it!
It wasn't until 24 hours later that I started to feel a burning sensation across my cheeks/forehead, and my face was definitely swollen... I couldn't figure out what it was. It wasn't until my coworker mentioned my funny Instagram photo that it clicked. 2 days post-face mask, my skin was dry and tight, like a sun burn.
Luckily I was 4 months away from my wedding... but if this had been the night before like they suggest? I would have been so freaked out!
I would suggest using your EXACT tried and true mask... not just a trusted brand. I have never had a reaction to any of their other masks!!!
Good luck fellow ladies! And I hope your skin is clear and soft for your big days!!!

Word of Caution - Learn From My Mistake! 1

Word of Caution - Learn From My Mistake! 2

8 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on October 4, 2018 at 20:01
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg good notice.... I'll stick to my routine I fodnt even think of that!!!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I first started reading my heart broke for you as I thought it happened the night before! I'm glad you're still a few months out, and thanks for the warning!!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well you won’t be using that one again! But at least you didn’t do it leading into anything important. I personally don’t do face masks because every time I do it’s inviting a mass breakout and my pimples don’t need any encouragement, they do a great job on their own.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no!!! Good think you had lots of time. I remember reading some article warning of using different products just before you’re wedding. You never know what’s going to happen.

The morning of my first wedding my MOH convinced me to take some vitamins that she always does. It may have been nerves but I’m sure they made me nauseous. Thankfully some ginger helped with that. So I suggest you don’t take anything you aren’t used to either.

Oh and a few months ago when I got my eye brow waxed some of the skin on the one side was ripped off. It was red and started to scab over Smiley sad. And I normally get my brows done. So don’t wax anything the week before either.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I use a charcoal mask from Garnier and I've never had a problem! I definitely won't be straying away from it any time soon! Thanks for the warning and hope your face is feeling better!!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    😭😭😭 I'm so happy you figured this out early! Jm terrible to my skin and never do anything nice for it, now I definitely sont randomly decide on a mask right before the wedding Haha
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such good advice girl! I'm sorry that happened to you, but like you said, thankfully your wedding isn't for another 4 months! I'll remember your advice leading up to my big day lol.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no!! I also use that brand, but only the same few so note to self, stick to JUST THOSE! So glad this didn't happen right before your wedding, I would have freaked out too! Hopefully your face is feeling better now!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics