Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Frequent user June 2019 Ontario

Wood Board Seating Chart - dyi

Jennifer, on March 18, 2019 at 22:00 Posted in DIY 0 9

I have had this idea in my head practically since day one (likely before I had even found the style of dress I wanted - yeah, I know - STRANGE!). Anyhow, basically, it's like a board with string and mini clothespins on the string. I was going to have everyone's name (likely in alphabetical order) and table number on a card. The idea is to take a Polaroid (or better yet, have someone take your pic with the Polaroid camera) and exchange your name care with your picture.

Not sure if anyone has done this or been to a wedding with something like this. Is it took involved? Will I just blow through film because people attempting selfies will take 3 or more tries before a) giving up or b) settling for the better of the lot?

Happy to hear any thoughts or comments. Fiance seems indifferent to the whole thing (wonders why a plain old seat chart - likely printed on white copy paper - wouldn't work. Hahaha).

Cheers
Jenn

9 Comments

Latest activity by Donna, on March 30, 2019 at 11:01
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great Idea, It's your Big Day do what makes you feel great. Smiley smile Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've started buying more film because I know extra pics are inevitable. Lol.
    Thanks!
  • S
    Newbie August 2020 Quebec
    Stephanie-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jenn! I l really like this idea and its a great way to get your guests involved. I would recommenced always having extra film though because there will always be those few guests that take more pictures than they should, you can also make a sign next to your seating chart that says show us your best one of two; that means one for me and one for you. if they don't like there first one at least they have a back up.

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Jennifer!

I love this ideaSmiley love I can't wait to see the pics you post of the final product!!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lots of fantastic ideas! Spoke with my fiance yesterday...who is game to make the frame...so we are a GO! Will post pics when done.
    Thanks ladies. You rock!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YES! I have seen this everywhere, and actually I have seen some frames like this at Winners. Such a good idea.

I wonder if you could designate someone from the wedding party or a family member to either monitor or take the pictures for people. Or coming up with a sign that says there is only one picture per guest, make sure its a good one. Something along those lines

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would work perfectly fine! Maybe the paper with their name and table number could be the picture paper but the back side? They would have to insert the paper to take a picture but that would mean they only get one shot!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a great idea. Film security (they could also help explain...or take the needed pic).

Thanks !!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a great idea! I've seen things like that on Pinterest and seriously love them so much. As for wasting film, could you have someone monitoring the guests and limit them to only one picture each?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics