Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joyce
Newbie July 2020 Manitoba

Wonderful Wedding Show

Joyce, on January 14, 2019 at 17:08 Posted in Manitoba 0 7

Hello,

I'm just curious to know who's going to this year to the Wonderful Wedding Show. Dates Sat, Jan 19, 2019 to Sun, Jan 20, 2019. I'm still debating whether to go or not. Is it worthwhile? Maybe to just connect with other vendors. Are you going?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on January 15, 2019 at 13:30
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a few shows during my engagement and I do have mixed feelings about them:

One on hand, it can be overwhelming to have vendors grabbing for your attention as you go through. I went to the London Bridal Expo this weekend specifically to look for bakers but I still had photographers, DJs, dress shop, etc trying to get my business. Also every time you put your email down for something, there is the potential for lots of spam (I usually unsubscribe to the ones that end up spamming you).

Then again, If you are relatively new to planning, they can be a godsend since you can take some time to talk to vendors and some will have wedding show deals if you book within a few weeks after the show. Others also have draws to win a discounted or even free service - there is definitely potential to save some money by going to these shows.

Overall, if you don't have a lot of your vendors booked yet I would really consider going - you only get engaged once so I would definitely go just to say you went lol

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I went last year. We already had our venue booked and we were mostly looking for a photographer.

To be honest, we did not find it very helpful. It was pretty overwhelming. We did get a few coupons from the Moores booth that my fiance will be using when he purchases his suit, so I guess that's something.

I did the sticker label thing for entering all the contests, but in reality, my inbox just got filed with so much spam.

I would say go though. You only get engaged once. I'm glad I went so I knew what it was, and I know that I don't need to go again this year. Its a good opportunity to get a feel for whats out there and get prices and meet vendors, especially if you're looking for a specific vendor, like photographer.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be going!!

I highly recommend going! I went last year and loved it - but then again I have wanted to plan my wedding since I was like 5 years old...

They have tons of prizes to be won by filling out ballots, so my suggestion is to create stickers with your name, address, email, and phone number. No, not everybody will want your address - but some do and I wasn't about to make a separate sheet.

It is good for people that are just starting the planning process but that was me last year and really the only things that I focused on at that show was the venue and the food. So this year I will have more time to actually enjoy it as well as fine transportation, decor, etc. and still enter to win stuff (like gift cards and free officiant - we would just have an uncle perform the ceremony but if I can win that then I would be happy!). Plus last year we went to literally every vendor there and that meant that I didn't get to go watch the fashion show :/

If you do end up going, make sure you register as a VIB (Very Important Bride/Groom) so you get a goody bag, an entry to win a dream wedding, and "early entry"... I put air quotes because basically everyone that goes is a VIB so mostly everyone gets in at the same time.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to be away on vacation, but I’d go if I were going to be in town. Sometimes it’s just nice to see different ideas and other people that are excited to be getting married!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I attended a wedding show in Orillia 2016 and it was worth it for ideas. It was very small yet nice. We didn't end up going with any vendors that day.

• T
    Beginner August 2019 Manitoba
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m from Winnipeg too. I’m also on the fence about going. Many of my friends say it’s good if you have nothing planned, but otherwise it’s a bit of a rip off.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not from your area, but there's a large wedding show that just happened in Vancouver this past weekend. I didn't go this year, as my wedding is on Saturday, but I went to all 3 big shows in 2018 and I find them totally worth it. Great for ideas... as well as the chance to win prizes!

I say grab a girl friend, or see if your FH wants to go, and check it out! I always enjoy going, even if just to have the day out, and be "ooh'd" and "aah'd" over being the bride to be!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics