Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Winter wedding dress

Rayanne, on September 30, 2019 at 22:45 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
I haven't had my first bridal dress appointment yet. I still have about 17 months to go roughly. When I was younger I dreamt of the big ballgown princess type of dress. Now that I'm (clears throat) a little older I think something more form fitting would be better.
For a winter wedding do you think I should look for something glittery? My entire wedding, except some pictures with a big winter wedding cape, will be entirely indoors should I get something with sleeves? It will be February after all.
How did the season affect what dress you chose?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlynn, on October 26, 2019 at 21:10
  • Kaitlynn
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Kaitlynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ended up the complete opposite - as a teen I absolutely loved simple, strapless, and form-fitting. Now I'm almost 30 and I ended up with a huge, tiered ballgown with thin straps and a higher neck. I tried on my childhood dream and it just didn't feel like "me" anymore. Try on a few styles and see how you feel!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Due to our wedding being in the middle of the summer, I went with something without sleeves. It was an A-line with lots of layers, and I regret not taking into consideration how heavy and sweaty it would be.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didnt choose my dress based on a season. go and try some on!!!!! i picked the one i absolutely love!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Season didn't have any say in my dress! I just tried on all the different styles, found the one I liked most, and then picked the dress that made me feel bridal and that I could picture myself walking down the aisle in to my FH Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Caitlyn and Casey - don't think about season, venue, or anything like that aside from what you're drawn to and love yourself in!

I got a dress that people will probably consider "heavy" for a summer wedding but I don't care because I love it and that's the most important part! You could always do some glittery accessories or something like that if you want some small glitter.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Caitlyn, go with what you feel comfortable in. I picked a dress that I loved, and I am just adding a blanket scarf because it is supposed to be a little chilly. I didn't want sleeves or anything because our reception is inside and I didn't want to get too hot.

So pick something you love, and you can always add a jacket or something on top for when you are outside!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should go with whatever you like best and are most comfortable in and not necessary match it to the season, especially since you’ll be inside. My dress doesn’t have sleeves, and like you, I have a cape for the outside photos.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics