Nadine
Newbie May 2021 Ontario

Winter wedding

Nadine, on 12/September/2019 at 08:02 Posted in Plan a wedding
Hello friends. Has anyone had their wedding in January? Where and what was your experience like?
Share:

6 Comments

• Natalie
    Beginner May 2021 Ontario
    Natalie
    I'm planning one for January and am super scared that guests will not be able to make it cause of the weather 馃槶
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey

If you're looking for some winter wedding style and hosting ideas, you should have a browse through the Real Weddings section for Winter weddings. You can also filter by color and location, but mostly they are just super fun to browse!

• Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod

A winter wedding is something i haven't yet attended yet. Its something to experience for the first time.

I would be cautious to keep a back up blanket and emergency in the car if anything happens. Beyond that much, just keep warm and enjoy your day.

• Rayanne
    Featured February 2021 Ontario
    Rayanne
    My wedding is a month after yours. I'm so excited about having a winter wedding. Only fear I have is weather making it impossible for people to come a lot of FH's family will have a 1 1/2 hour drive down from Toronto. I'm hoping to have a bit of snow for some outside pictures but everything for my guests is inside.
  • Casey
    Featured October 2019 Ontario
    Casey

I have attended one in January (A couple days after New Years) and it was all inside. It was beautiful.

It was their second marriage, so we didn't go to the ceremony, just the reception. But there are so many amazing things you can do in the winter, and some different pictures in the snow!

• Kelsie
    Featured July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie Online
    I attended one in January - it was super super cold, luckily all photos were inside. However, there was a huge storm the day of her wedding and lots of guests didn鈥檛 attend last minute.

It was a great wedding though!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles