Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Devoted May 2020 Ontario

Wine unity ceremony

Kelly, on May 8, 2019 at 05:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 11
Has anyone done or planning to do the wine unity ceremony?? I love this idea but am not sure what types of wine to mix? I’m a white wine/fruity wine or rose drinker don’t hav snuck experience with red so I’m not sure which one to use to create a good rose

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on June 4, 2019 at 02:32
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I am thinking of going to our local winery to get their advice! We aren’t huge fans of the wine capsule as it focuses on fighting on our day of love
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I have heard of this! We wanted to do the mixing ceremony instead of focusing/ planning on a fight on our wedding date
  • Samantha
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I plan on doing a wine box cerenufoe our upcoming wedding . We just purchased a wine box from weddingstar.com, and for the ceremony you place your two love notes written to each other in the box with the wine & glasses and lock the box, until we have our first real fight or on an anniversary! No wine mixing included 😊
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll admit, I've never heard of mixing wine for the unity ceremony. I've heard of the 'wine' capsule that you open after 1 year or a big fight. I'd probably do that so you don't have to worry about complimentary blends (especially since LCBO personnel aren't always knowledgable about tannins, acidity, etc of certain wines). However, you could do 2 wines from the same winery. They know their product best so you can be really informed of the best option.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Becky's idea of LCBO salesperson knowledge will help you better than anything you may not be aware about. Mixing wines may just get too strong or oddly tasted. Matching a white and red can be tricky if done right and based on body. Whites from dry to sweet and reds from light to full body should corporate well to give that perfect taste and flavour (bouquet is the term given).

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have never heard of this? I know a unity candle or sand but not wine? Might just be me but mixing wine to me breaks my heart hahah! I can be a wine snob... Can you pour the same wine together? Not to taint it?

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a light white wine (Like a Riesling) and a rose would go well together! Does your FH have a wine he likes too?

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would pick wines that compliment each other- you could go to the lcbo and ask if they have any ideas! Kelsie made some good suggestions as well.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only like white/rose.

you could definitely mix a white and a rose.

i like dry wines. So I’d probably mix either two dry whites or a white and rose.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Tori, it's only you 2 who will be taking a sip so who cares how it tastes. If it tastes awful then it will be a funny memory that only you guys will share! If you are really concerned, you can always Google it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are still debating doing this ceremony - but if we do we will be choosing our fav. wines.

We don't really care how it tastes, if it tastes a little weird that describes us perfectly any way Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics