Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Will you honour your lost loved ones on your wedding day?

Emilie, on November 11, 2016 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hi wonderful brides-to-be Smiley ring

Those who could not be there will surely be there in our hearts forever! Smiley heart

Will you honour your lost loved ones on your wedding day?

I thought we could get inspiration from these ideas! Smiley catface

1. Use their favourite flowers

Remember with their favourite flowers

2. Use an object to remember them in your "something old"

Something Old to remember

3. Light a candle in their honour

Light a candle

4. Take a moment to remember

Take a moment to remember

5. Make a toast

Make a toast to honour them

6. Dedicate them a song

Dedicate them a song

7. Have one of their favourite recipes

Recipe to remember

How do you like these ideas? Would you use one of them for your wedding?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on November 24, 2016 at 11:21
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's very thoughtful of you to bring that up with him. Smiley heart Some people can be a bit uncomfortable to bring this up at the wedding, it can be quite personal. It could be something very discrete like a pin or picture of his parents wedding in his suit. Let us know what he chooses Smiley heart

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Kendra! It's such a wonderful thought! Smiley heart How are your preparations going btw? What have you been up to lately? Smiley smile

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had discussed having something to honour my FH's father, I feel because it is his father and since I never met him it should be up to the FH. He has chosen not to because it was over five years ago now and not recent. I will probably bring it up again just to double check when the wedding is closer as he might change his mind.

• Kendra
    Curious June 2017 Ontario
    Kendra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes it was her favorite flower and was the flower associated with a sorority she was in for many years.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! You're welcome Stephanie Smiley heart I'm glad you liked the candle idea! It's subtle yet means everything for our wedding night Smiley catface I'm sure it will light up your heart too!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so sweet Kendra! I love the rings idea Smiley heart Why the yellow rose in your bouquet? Was it her favourite flower? Smiley shame

• Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I have lost way to many family members all ready so we're definitely going to be honouring all of them in some way. We usually have floating candles at holiday dinners so I like idea #3. One big candle might be better to insure it stays lit all night. This post was veryhelpful. Thank you.

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love all of these ideas! I have my grandfather's watch and my Grandmother's wedding ring which would be great items to honour them with. I haven't decided on what to do though. My friend had a picture of her Mother on a table which U thought was really nice.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would love to honour our lost loved ones. I was thinking if number 4, 5 or 6 as they are great ideas to honour them.
  • Kendra
    Curious June 2017 Ontario
    Kendra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am going to have a pocket sewn to the inside of my dress over my heart and put my mother's rings in there, also going to either put 1 single yellow rose in my bouquet or a few, have not decided yet.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having a table set up in honour of both my grandfathers as they have both passed. I am not sure on how I will set the table up but I will have a photo of each of them on the table with an item beside each that represents them, possibly a candle in the middle of their frames with a sign about honouring them!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will have a little photo charm hanging from my bouquet with a blue stone with a picture of my Opa in it , that is how i will honor him and it will also be my something blue ... he is the only one that will be missing on our special day Smiley cry

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics