Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Devoted August 2018 Ontario

Who's walking you down the aisle and why?

Megis, on May 14, 2018 at 14:27

Posted in Wedding ceremony 47

For most of us it will be out dad's. Haven't fully decided but it will be an uncle or family friend. Who is it for your wedding?
For most of us it will be out dad's. Haven't fully decided but it will be an uncle or family friend.
Who is it for your wedding?

47 Comments

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love that sentiment!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom and step dad will both walk me
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Im planning on doing the same, but mainly b/c my dad and i aren't close and i don't believe in "being given away"
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've mentioned this a few times on here, but My FH and I will be walking eachother down the isle. Our church suggests this, and we loved the idea. We're doing a first look anyway, so it doesn't make much sense to have me walk down to him. We're a team and want to walk in together Smiley smile
  • Rebecca
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My great aunt will be walking me down the aisle. My mom and dad passed away in 2016.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m being traditional and having my dad walk me down the aisle. I’m afraid he’s going to make me cry though!
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad walked my down the aisle! I love it when moms walk their daughters down the aisle, I get all teared up!! Smiley heart

I also like it when people decide to walk down the aisle solo and put all eyes on the couple getting married!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad will, mostly cause I know how much it means to him!

• Julie
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It will be my uncle who will walk me down the aisle. My dad is in the philippines and wont be able to come and attend my wedding.

• Kaitlyn
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom & dad - both are my parents, both were asked for permission to propose to me and I would love to have both give me away

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad will be walking me down the air because he's always been my biggest supporter besides my fiance and it's only fitting that we get to share that special moment together. He has always been by my side for everything so I couldn't imagine having anyone else by my side right before I get married.
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's going to be my father. If that wasn't an option I would have been my godfather (my uncle) because he spent a lot of time with me when I was growing up. He did a lot for me.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Going the traditional route and having my dad walk me down the aisle. I know it's going to mean a lot to him (and me).

• Sarah
    Newbie June 2019 Saskatchewan
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both parents will be walking both myself and FI down the aisle. The tradition of "giving the bride away" doesn't sit well with us, so we are instead using it as a symbol of both of us moving forward to the next phase of life by walking with those who represent our first phase.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was originally going to have just my dad walk me down the isle but the more I thought about it I think that I want both my mom and dad because who cares about tradition right?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics