Megis
Frequent user August 2018 Ontario

Who's walking you down the aisle and why?

Megis, on 14/May/2018 at 14:27 Posted in Wedding ceremony
For most of us it will be out dad's. Haven't fully decided but it will be an uncle or family friend.
Who is it for your wedding?
Share:

38 Replies

• Emma
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    My dad passed away when I was a teenager so my mom will walk me.
  • Genis
    Curious January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·

I will be asking my bio dad! I'm his only child so will be amazing to have him walk me down the aisle.

I also will be asking my stepdad as he basically raised me (my mum, stepdad brother & I moved to australia when I was 6)

I just haven't decided whether I will have them both walk me all the way or change halfway through

• Kaisha
    Frequent user March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·

I have not asked him yet but I will be asking my dad, we thankfully have a great relationship and I would be honoured to have him.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·

My uncle is walking me down the aisle. My bio mom died when I was a kid (and this is her brother) and my grandpa that raised me (I called him dad) passed away in 2007. My uncle has been like a parent to me most of my life. so I think its very fitting. and he is BEYOND excited for it. I even asked his daughters who aren't married if its ok if I take him first. and they were so happy too.

• Ashley
    Newbie May 2020 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    My dad and I have a VERY strained relationship, it'll be my mom walking me down.
  • Stephanie
    Featured July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·

My dad will be!

• Mandi
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Mandi ·
    My dad will be walking me down the aisle and I am having my son come meet me half way and I will walk the rest of the way with both of them. He is not biologically my FH son, but he is the only dad he knows so he will be initially walking out with him.
  • Stephanie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·

Walking down with both my parents!

• Brandy
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Brandy ·
    Unfortunately my dad passed away in 2011 and then my brother was going to walk me down but he passed in 2014. So my mom asked me if she could, she said she'd be honoured to. If not her I'd ask one of my uncle's to ❤
  • Allison
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·

Both my parents will probably walk down the aisle with me, and my FH might walk down with his dad

• Courtney
    Featured July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·

I'm walking down with both my parents.

• Emma
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·

My mom and dad are both walking me down the aisle. My fiance will be having her mom and dad do the same. We are going to play rock, paper, scissors to see who walks down first.

• Karen
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    I am being walked by my dad and my mom. I like to keep my ceremony as traditional as i can. Plus I would love to have both my parents n my side on the day of my wedding.
  • Lor F
    Lor F ·
    View quoted message

Yes i was saying to have him also walk me down, so the two walking me down. I just personally don't want to include my step dad but feel like i'm going to have to.

• Jessica
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    View quoted message

Definitely, do what feels good for you, and not worry about what it should be.

• Megis
    Megis ·
    View quoted message
    Too much family drama. I don't get along with either at the moment. I like the idea of the bride and groom walking together. Need to ask my fiancee about it. Also less pressure on me if I do that

Comment on this discussion

Related articles