Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madisyn
Expert February 2020 Ontario

Who will be standing next to you on your big day?

Madisyn, on January 14, 2020 at 08:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Welcome all engaged couples! 💍 Maybe you've recently gotten engaged and you're eager to ask your squad to stand by your side at your wedding, or perhaps you're just around the corner from walking down the aisle to the love of your life and best friends! Choosing your wedding party is a significant part of wedding planning as they will be there to support you all the way up until the big day.
My two best friends and I have always known that we would be each other's MOHs, so I have two! I have one bridesmaid who is a friend from university. While I didn't always "know" that she would be in my wedding party, when the time came to decide, I knew I wanted her there with me!
Have you chosen your bridesmaids and/or groomsmen? How many will you be having? Did you always know who it would be? Let us know who you're asking to be by your side! 😊

11 Comments

Latest activity by Madisyn, on January 22, 2020 at 08:51
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Kendell!
    It sounds like your friends are very understanding, and it really seems like there are no hard feelings. That's great! It sounds like the third girl will be happy just to attend the wedding, and isn't tied to being a bridesmaid. It will also help you save on cost if you don't include her in your wedding party.
  • Sharla
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Sharla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We opted for a very large group of people, but collectively we are calling them our “I Do” Crew.
    We have a BM and MoH but all our others are not assigned specific titles besides crew members. We have 10 total in our Crew. Honestly it could have been 0 or 10, but we couldn’t find a way to make it work in between. Now the true task is making each of them step up and support us until the wedding day comes when they all have such busy lives...
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m having my younger brother stand up with me on my big day, he is the only person beside my fiancé I truly trust and I know he has my back in everything i do in my life I couldn’t think of anyone else I would want. So my fiancé is only having a best man. Small and simple 😊
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our 2 kids stand up with us. They were so excited! They obviously had a lot invested in the day, too so it made sense for them to play very important roles.
  • Candice
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always wanted my sisters up with me but they are very unreliable and tend to make everything about them. Over the last few years I considered not having them and having friends stand up. In the end I couldn’t decide on what friends I could have up without hurting someone else’s feelings so I took the easy way out and am having my sisters stand up. My fiancé is having 2 of his closest friends stand up and because we couldn’t choose who was more important to us we decided to incorporate our parents in it. My mother will be my witness and his father his. That way all parents get to be a part of the ceremony.
  • K
    Curious May 2020 Alberta
    Kendell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Would I be able to get anyone advice on this.

We are having a very small wedding. Only siblings and parents. I have two friends I have been friends with for over 15 years so they are the only two friends invited and they are my bridesmaids. I have two other very close friends that we sadly arent inviting strictly to make it very known it is only siblings and parents.
    One of these girls approached me the other day in tears saying how she just wants to show up for the ceremony and then leave just because she cant imagine not seeing me get married because it is extremely important to her. it broke my heart because she is an extremely close friends and if we were having a normal size wedding she would obviously be by my side. I talked to my fiance and said we have to invite her because it is clearly very important to her. I talked to the forth girl and explained I'm inviting the other girl and asked how she felt. She said it was totaly fine and she understand. She is also getting married the weekend after me so she is busy planning her own wedding and knows the struggles. So i have now decided to invite a third friend and leave out the forth girl.
    My biggest challenge now is do I ask this third girl be a bridesmaid or do I just have her attend as a friend. I feel like it is already bad I'm leaving one girl out and it would make it worse to have the third as a bridesmaid.
    Please give honest opinions?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted to go small and simple. My sister is my MOH and my brother-in-law is my FH's best man.

I always knew my sister would be my MOH but I figured I'd also have some bridesmaids but I got rid of a lot of toxic friendships over the years and I like to keep my circle small. I also didn't want to regret who I chose later on, so I'm glad we just stuck with siblings.

I'm not as close with my SIL but we're still including her in the wedding by having her bless the meal. That way - no one is left out.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had just 4 total wedding party 2 each MOHs and BM (Best Man). They were standing up with us and the BM were also the witnesses to sign as well.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH had 2 Best Men and 3 Groomsmen, and then I had 1 Maid of Honour and 4 Bridesmaids. Easy pick for me because I have a sister - and then for him he couldn't pick! He knew them both so well and they were always the 3 of them so he decided that he didn't have to choose between them Smiley tongue

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have one friend, one cousin, his sister and my 2 cousin in laws. ive always known i wanted these girls in my party since day one. there is one friend that i wanted in my wedding party but she told me from day one shes too shy lol!!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a huge friend contingent on our guestlist so we're keeping our wedding party small. I only have my 2 sisters as MOHs and my FSIL as a BM while FH has his best friend as his best man, and his brother and another close friend are his GM.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics